Friday 10-12 Edition

Well lookie here, Friday again.

What have all you woodworkers got planned for the weekend?

Myself, going to relax for a bit and hopefully some shop time, few small projects I need to finish up. Might even get a fire going in the back yard a night or two. Playing farmer in the dell Sunday afternoon, got a load of calves that need to go bye bye.

Relax no time for that in this house for quiet a while and there has not been for months.

I hope to get my workshop at least started in the sense of being unpacked and finding and putting things together again. I can understand the terms moving is equivalent to a fire. Man the last few days of my workshop move involved my very helpful friends but it also involved the throw it in a box and move it approach. Its gonna take a month of sundays to get sorted out and some resemblance of order so i can do some things again. Great part is the new neighbors man it makes a huge huge undescribable difference. I am actually enjoying being outside in the garage shop again. Life is looking good even though winter is barreling down towards us like a freight train out of control.

I have a small correct that it should be tiny shop at the back of the garage and i plan on insulating it so as to have somewhere cozy to pass the winter by. Got permission from the owner. They aint complaining. :) I know some would say why spend your dime but hey its what keeps me going so to me its a small investment in mental health. :) and practice for my new home.

Chuck if you see this i will look into what you say re my draw slides but i still want the real deal.

Got lots to do this weekend in the way of woodworking. Picked up some doughlas fir (Oregan pine to me) and have to modify an old bed I made back when i was a youngster. Nothing as fancy as Alan but i gotta make a plan to convert a Queen to a King and add the old headboard. Bit of a hybrid hack job to get by with but i want to try and cheat and blend it in best i can.

Then i got curtain rails to put up so we can take down the 1970s blinds the owner had up and get our curtains up.

After that i got to make a tv stand. So i got a list way to long for here but at least i got something to amuse me.

Have to finish off my router into table saw conversion to save space as well.

Will be busy for a while i guess.

back is out, looks like just the yankees tonight, maybe again tomorrow if they win, my sons 30th birthday celebration sunday night, Jets at 1pm sunday, giants at 4 pm, and my favorite show, walking dead at 9 pm sunday, yeah, its a TV day for me.
Im in the middle of 5 projects, they can all wait.

Playing the part of single dad this weekend as the wife is heading out with her mom and sisters for the weekend. Hope to get together with my parents at some point...they've been out and about traveling for a while now. Football and a fire is the plan as well unless the kid has other plans :rolleyes:....Hopefully some shop time on Sunday.

My trailer is arriving from Arizona this weekend. The unpacking begins. I tossed a ton and a half of stuff before I left Arizona. I know because I had to pay the weight charge at the landfill. That trailer coming may give me the opportunity to add to that poundage. :eek: :rolleyes:

Church meetings this weekend and likely packing to return to Arizona for my Dad's service, though the date hasn't been set yet. Sunday I am working, as usual.

Got a box project working, but no time on the weekends for shop stuff.

Again, working all weekend. This really stinks. I really need to find a part time weekday job.

I get plenty of shop time during the week but absolutely no time with my wife since she is a teacher and works mon-fri.

Besides, what good is retirement if you go back to work? ( just remembered, I need the extra money :rofl:)

Weather permitting, I'm going to try to hit the final weekend events at the Balloon Fiesta. So far it's looking kind of iffy, so we'll see how things pan out. I figure this is as good of place as any to share this photo, taken a few nights ago. It's not mine...it was posted on Facebook by a friend:

Balloon Glow and Fireworks - Dereld Padilla.jpg

Putting the final touches on two dining room tables. I will NEVER take on two LARGE protects simultaneously again!

Promise - pictures will come....eventually.

Going to be busy fighting off my fear of the hanta virus and crawling around in the crawl space running cat5/catv combo cables to all the rooms in the house...

I'll be wearing full overalls, dust mask and hoping to get all the under house work as soon as possible...

Glenn was down and helped me move and arrange exercise equipment in our gym. It has been called a gym for years. It was supposed to be a gym years ago. We made the mistake of putting a desk and computer in there TEMPORARILY. This only left room for an Schwinn exercise bike.

Now the beautiful desk has gone to a friendly home and more exercise equipment has moved in. There is still a bit of chaos. However, the equipment is easy to get to and quite useable. I won't mention that we made my extremely neat shop (now there is a laugh) into a disaster area by adding stuff to it (TEMPORARY, TEMPORARY) and using the equipment to make the gym useable as a gym.

So I spend time making things neater than they were and better than they were---Now that is a real winner.

Enjoy,

JimB

One pic is Glenn taking a 29 1/4 inch desk through a 29 1/2 inch door. I also had pics of him measuring and scratching his head.
The other two pics are of the gym before everything was properly located.

The other two pics are of the gym before everything was properly located.

Now hold on a minute . . . where are the pics of how it looked once we were done setting up!?! It did come out pretty nice even if I do say so myself ;-) As I recall we squeezed in a little lathe-drawer organizing during that visit. Now I need to clean up my shop and get my gym back in shape after re-doing my office to give that nice desk a nice home. Lovin' it.

Looks like I'm spending a few hours tomorrow delivering meals to my church's shut-ins. After that, I'll be putting the last few details on my fence repair.If the rain holds off, I may try to make some headway with the chairs I started a week or so ago.

Chicken soup with R&R...caught a lil sumtin sumtin while putting the yard & garden to bed for the winter...already sick & tired of being sick & tired, Grrrr....
At least I'll have time to catch up on some reading, been a little slack lately...enjoy your weekend!!!