Thanks, Mack!

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
Last month, I took a bunch of rotten maple ( :D ) scraps up to Larry's, and shared them with a few of the pen makers. Imagine my surprise when I got a package from Canada today! In that package, was a really beautiful, engraved, pen from Mack Cameron.

Mack 1.JPGMack 2.jpg

Thanks ever so much, Mack! This one will be my 'dressed up' carrier for sure!.

Man, if that's rotten wood, I'd love to see what Mack can do with the good stuff. :D

That "rotten" maple of yours sure has some great spalting going on, and of course Mack turned out another beauty of a pen. :thumb:

Way to go Mack i think our gov should contract u as an ambassador to maintain good relations south of the border. :)

Nice pen Mack i love the spalted maple. Rotten or not :)

But Jim you also showed what goes around comes around. So u deserve it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last month, I took a bunch of rotten maple ( :D ) scraps up to Larry's, and shared them with a few of the pen makers. Imagine my surprise when I got a package from Canada today! In that package, was a really beautiful, engraved, pen from Mack Cameron.

View attachment 71009View attachment 71010

Thanks ever so much, Mack! This one will be my 'dressed up' carrier for sure!.
Hi Jim; I'm ever so glad it got to you. I took the cheapie way of sending it to you. (International, small packet, $5.97). No insurance, no tracking #.

In my thread of the many pens, your pen is #5/8 with the engraving turned away from the camera. Don't know whether you realize that or not.

you sly devil:) hey how did the judge like that hunk of walnut Mack:)
Long story: at least I'll make it long!

The first pen I sold him in that style was a Black Cherry Burl. He liked it so much he gave it to his grandson who moved away to college.

He came back and ordered the same style in a special Black Walnut I was importing from MI in the US. He liked it so much he gave it to his daughter who lives in Vancouver BC.

So he came back and ordered another one in the same imported chocolate. I'm turning it this weekend. As a matter of fact, I'm turning 2 from the same board, just in case. I'm betting when he sees the two of them he's going away with both of them!

So to answer your question, he didn't like it too much!:D