The earth moved

Bob Gibson

I know it's nothing to the shaky left coast folks but we just had a 4.6 earthquake.

The wife and I were sitting in the kitchen and the dogs started barking like crazy. We heard a bang as if someone jumped off a bed onto the floor and then the house started shaking. I jokingly asked my wife if there was a company of tanks coming up the driveway.

I had no clue as to what it was until the phone rang and our daughter asked if we felt the earthquake :eek:

No damage or anything here but it was pretty interesting. Never really felt one before.

Bob only felt one, one time in my live. It was early in the am, and wasn't sure what was happing. Like you the house and windows started shanking. Thought i was still a sleep, but knew i wasn't, as i was sitting here at the puter. Later in the day the radio was talking about it. Glad it wasn't any worse than it was for ya.

I know it's nothing to the shaky left coast folks but we just had a 4.6 earthquake.

The wife and I were sitting in the kitchen and the dogs started barking like crazy. We heard a bang as if someone jumped off a bed onto the floor and then the house started shaking. I jokingly asked my wife if there was a company of tanks coming up the driveway.

I had no clue as to what it was until the phone rang and our daughter asked if we felt the earthquake :eek:

No damage or anything here but it was pretty interesting. Never really felt one before.

I bet there's damage that you just haven't found yet. Last summer the quake down in Virginia rattled the house pretty well, and we found cracks weeks later that we had to get patched up. Glad it was a mile turf-surf event.

No cannon I was sitting in my truck in the driveway on the phone with Stu the plumber and he asked if I felt that and sure enough I could feel my truck wiggling. That went on for a good 30+ seconds.

Thinking of you Bob. You're strong, and I'm sure you can hang in there.

Amherst NH Quake.jpg

:D

A 4.6 is indeed pretty light on the west coast, but if you've never felt one, it's still enough to get your attention. ;)