Friday 10-19 Edition

Friday again, so whats on your plate for the weekend?

Myself, fighting off a nasty bug I picked up somewhere. Hope to get some shop time and maybe a little yard work in before the weekend is over.

Currently sitting in a motel room in Rock Springs, WY waiting for Jan to wake up. We're on our way to Ft Collins and Denver to deliver dining room tables. We'll spend the weekend with my youngest daughter in Denver, ride the Georgetown Loop dinner train, visit Aspen and the John Denver Memorial Gardens, then head home with a stop at the Golden Spike Historical Monument in Utah. I've got a huge mess to clean up in the shop when I get home to prepare for the next two projects - a piano bench and some chair repairs.

Leaves, leaves, and more leaves! They're falling en masse now. I picked up three trailer loads yesterday, and there are at least that many down again today. Supposed to frost tonight, so even more will fall overnight. As of yesterday, eleven trailerfulls, and the oaks are just starting to turn. What I've picked up so far are maple and beech. Also, time to cut the hostas and daylilies back for the winter. Lotsa yardwork to do!

Tool trailer work this morning. Wedding this afternoon. Christmas Cantata rehearsal tomorrow morning. Service prep tomorrow afternoon/evening. Sunday services, a NAP!, and then we'll see.

Working again.
Need to pick up a portable heater for the family room. The room is always real cold in the winter. Used to be the breezeway many moons ago. Folks have been telling me that the oil filled electric radiator styles work well :dunno:

Mostly doing catch-up around the house on things that didn't get done last weekend. I've got some computer-bases projects I need to get finished up.

(Threadjack warning)

Currently sitting in a motel room in Rock Springs, WY...

Ah, Rock Springs. That brings back some memories. We were playing at this fine establishment:

Haddock's in Rock Springs.jpg

While we were setting up our equipment for a one-week stay, someone broke into our of our vans and stole all of the other guitarist's clothes:

Rock Springs Theft Report.jpg

Afterward, the cop realized he had locked his keys in the car. We had wire and knew how to use it. I can honestly say I've helped a cop break into his cruiser in Rock Springs Wyoming. :D

Bob,
check into the eden pure line of radiant heaters... we have several that we've used for the past couple of years.

As for today...
I had a job interview with Fedex Ground for holiday driver duty... which hopefully will lead to a semi-permanent position. No matter what, if all goes as planned, I'll have $ coming in for a couple of months anyway as a Temp.

Tonight is round 1 of the post season for the high school football team, we don't have any kids in HS at the moment, but we're going to the game anyway!

Working again.
Need to pick up a portable heater for the family room. The room is always real cold in the winter. Used to be the breezeway many moons ago. Folks have been telling me that the oil filled electric radiator styles work well :dunno:

Recently Consumer's Reports had a rundown on different heaters. They had them rated by efficiency, cost, safety, etc. If you do not take CU, you can probably see a copy in your local library. I find their evaluations to be right on the money.

Stay warm and Enjoy,

JimB

Date night tonight, but will probably be dinner and then heading home to get the house cleaned up for next weekend. Have a truck load of tools upstairs to transfer back to the shop that I'm done with for now. Have some door and base trim to paint, so will at least get it primed tonight.

Tomorrow will be cleaning up around the pool and winterizing the fountains. Got the pool closed/winterized last night, but need to pack away all the toys and lounge pads. That night we have a friends wedding/photo booth rental.

Sunday I'm planning on working on drawers and doors for the vanity. May get some of the shower tile installed also.

Ah, Rock Springs. That brings back some memories. We were playing at this fine establishment

Bwaa-haa-haa . . . ah, the things you get to experience on the way to stardom . . . too many stories that should NEVER see the light of day . . .

As for my weekend activities?

Christmas is coming,
The goose is getting fat.
Not enough time in the shop,
And that's about where I'm at.

Capture.jpg