WTB Chevalet (Donkey) for doing Marquetry

Never heard of one before. That wold be fun to build. It also looks like that school would be great, but I don't know if my tired old eyes could handle it.

Last edited:
You could make your own. I follow W Patrick Edward's blog and he just had a post yesterday about Chevalets. I believe he sells plans and parts. Check out the post.

Bill, Thanks for the tip about Patrick’s site you are correct that Patrick sells the plans and parts. But IMO are way over priced. At $550.00 :eek: for the plans (which are in the book “Marquetry by Pierre Ramond” that I got a copy of at the library) and some hardware (maybe $75.00 worth) seems a bit pricey. (He showed a picture of the kit the other day with hardware). I wouldn’t mind making one but I don’t think the kit is for me at that price. The only problem is that the plans in the book only show the wood frame and not a very good description of the hardware?

Suggest you contact "Shipwright" over at Lumberjocks. He has a free Google Sketchup download, plus he has made 3 of them. The last one he made was for someone else, so maybe you could commission him to make one for you. Keep us informed on what you manage to work out in getting your own Chevalet.

Here is link to Shipwright's post about his last Chevalet with pictures.

P.S.

Check out the video of the Chevalet in action.

Last edited:
Bill thanks for the LumberJocks tip, Jim thanks for the Sketchup drawing but for
some reason my computer will not let me open it?:huh: