Frame for a Wedding Present

glenn bradley

I've been taking care of a long list of little items that has backed up. This is the inside trim for an 11" x 14" wedding picture. This is only the inside trim portion but, it had such a sweet curl in the maple, I had to share it early :).

Tyler Frame (3).jpgTyler Frame (1).jpgTyler Frame (2).jpg

Thanks Charles. The finish protocol is sand to 400 grit, flood with 1:1:1 of BLO, mineral spirits and varnish. I use a phenolic modified / alkyd resin varnish from Cabot's lately. Flood the surface and let sit 20 minutes or so. Wipe completely dry and flood again. Let sit an additional 20 minutes or so and then rub it off as if you've changed your mind. Wait 30 minutes to an hour and go back and wipe it again. Monitor (and wipe any weeping if necessary; probably not so much on maple, lots on mahogany though) a couple times a day for a few days. There is a long cure period on this finish but, I do enjoy the result. The outer frame will be walnut oiled dark. I will supply it with a mat for 11 x 14 and an 8 x 10 as we cannot get a commitment on size. Ah, youth :rolleyes:.

Sorry Guys. I almost forgot about this fella. I dug it out to take over to LOML's for wrapping and got a few quick shots before it heads to its new home. This is very much a take on a frame that was featured in Woodsmith magazine. The style of the frame is pretty subtle so hopefully the wood's figure takes center stage. That satin quilted look really ripples as you walk past.

TylerWeddingFrame (1).jpg . TylerWeddingFrame (3).jpg