Holy Smokes!

Paul Douglass

Okay, my wife has been away for a couple weeks. :D I can smile, I've been married to the same lady for 45 years. I have tried hard, well pretty hard, to keep the house in order. Mostly I've done that by using only a small portion of it... the bedroom, the kitchen, one bathroom and my work shop. I have not eaten out once. Me and Hungryman have fixed our own meals. I go to the grocery store, load up on my favorites, the checker say "your wife gone again?". I've run the dishwasher several times, done washing (I do my own laundry about 30% of the time anyway, I'm not picky and it is easy, dump in clothes, dump in some soap, close lid, turn dial to 'regular wash', push in this other button and walk away. Easy enough, come back in a few days and put them in the dryer, close lid, and hit start, using what ever setting she used last time. :thumb: Like I said, I keep the house clean by not using it. Okay, now we get to the hard part. The clothes are reasonably clean and pretty close to the color they started out at. I can fold T-shirts, ski-vies, pants, hang shirts, sorta match up socks, just throwing the extra in the drawer, the missing ones well show up someday, fold towels and wash "rags" I'm not allowed to use the good ones.... house wife'n is easy, right?

Well, now comes the killer. Just how do you FOLD FITTED SHEETS!!!!:eek::huh::huh::huh:
I tried many times and got a wad of clothe in my arms. I got so desperate, I went to the internet. Old Martha Stewart came up close to the top of the search list. She even had a video. An expert was there to step everyone through it. I stood there in front of the computer with my king sized fitted sheet and went through it step by step with the lady and ended up with a WAD!:(:huh::huh::dunno: So, I did the only reasonable thing I could do, I hid them in the closet behind the ones my wife had folded up!:rolleyes: She will find them someday.... Now back to the work shop!!

Last edited:
Well, now comes the killer. Just how do you FOLD FITTED SHEETS!!!!:eek::huh::huh::huh:
I tried many times and got a wad of clothe in my arms. I got so desperate, I went to the internet. Old Martha Stewart came up close to the top of the search list. She even had a video. An expert was there to step everyone through it. I stood there in front of the computer with my king sized fitted sheet and went through it step by step with the lady and ended up with a WAD!:(:huh::huh::dunno: So, I did the only reasonable thing I could do, I hid them in the closet behind the ones my wife had folded up!:rolleyes: She will find them someday.... Now back to the work shop!!

Back in my bachelor days I never ever folded fitted sheets... I only had one set to begin with... it got washed and put right back on the bed.... when it got too thread bare to use any more, throw it out and get a new set... -- problem solved. --

What is this folding of sheets you guys are talking about ???? :rofl:

my wife won't allow me within 20 feet of the washer or dryer. 30 years ago I did a wash and turned all her "unmentionables" blue (completely by accident I might add;)). That was it. No more washer privileges for me :D