Auction table

This is my first post so I thought I would introduce myself with a pic of one of my latest works. The table is the typical demilume table. The apron was made from 6 pieces of resawn mahogany laminated in a form. I made the maple inlay from some veneer I cut using my new mm 16 bs. The ankle inlay was made by glueing up some maple and walnut strips and after I cut the pieces out, I framed them with more maple stringing. This table will be in an upcoming auction which will benefit underpriviledge children. I am donating it and I hope if brings a nice sum for the cause.

I am the owner / craftsman of Carolina Heirlooms located in Wilson, NC. I make custom furniture, repair furniture, refinish furniture. I have also been known to rust hunt on occassion. Love old tools.

MIke

Micheal, Welcome to the family. That is a really nice table you have there. Iy is nice to see that it will raise money for a good couse.
Al

Hey Mike, That looks a lot like a table I saw on NCWW!:rofl: It is great work!

Glad you found this group of guys:wave:

Yea Ed, thats it. I found out about this site from Travis Porter over at NCWW so I thought I would check it out. Looks like another great bunch of guys / gals.

Mike

That's a beauty Mike, really like the design,and I think Maple accents go great with Mahogany, one of my favorite combinations. Welcome! Show us some more! Barry

Wow Mike, I finally had a chance to check out the pics of your table. Beautiful work, man. I really like the detailing on the legs, and you couldn't ask for a nicer finish on the top. :thumb:

That's a beauty Mike, really like the design,and I think Maple accents go great with Mahogany, one of my favorite combinations. Welcome! Show us some more! Barry

Barry,

You asked for more so here is some:

This is a commission job I did for a lady in Rocky Mount, NC. The corner cupboard and hankerchief table are both made out of Sapele. The grid work on the door was a bit of a challenge but after a little fretting and fitting, it turned out pretty good. Sorry the pics are not too good.

MIke

Hey Mike, nice stuff! Is that Sapele stained? I've only seen it on a guitar and it was lighter than your pieces.

Barry,

Yea, I used a weak mixture of burnt umber and Terps just to even out the color. I really like this wood and it is a very good alternative to Mahogany, especially since it is about 3 -4 dollars a bf cheaper than mahogany.

The pics show up actually darker than they really are. Here is another pic of the table and it is closer to the actual color.

DSCF0013_306637.JPG

Mike

Mike, love that color! Think I'll try some of that Sapele, my Mahogany stash is almost gone. I also like the corner treatments you did on the top, think I'll work it into one of my future tables.