Bosch Table Saw on/off switch

Hi there:

I have the Bosch contractor's (portable) table saw. It looks like this. I hope it's okay to link to this picture.

You can see that the on/off switch is the red one in front on the left. When I'm using the saw and watching what I'm doing, I have a hard time finding it with my hand when I reach under the saw. Is it possible to change this on/off switch to something much bigger?

Thanks

How does the switch function? Do you have to lift the red part to turn it on, and push the red part to turn it off? Or is the red part covering the actual start button?

May be able to make a larger paddle to turn it off with a bump of the leg, but can't tell from that pic.

That switch is in an akward spot. But, I wouldn't change it. Check out the foot switch offerings from Harbor Freight. They are not expensive, about $14.00. Two types, a push and hold and a on/off type. Very handy and, IMHO, offer an extra measure of safety since you can concentrate on your work and keep your hands where they belong. If you are determined to switch the switch, Grizzly has a nice selection at reasonable prices.

Darren, you don't push or pull. It's like a rocker switch. You kind of rock it up to start and down to shut off. My problem is that it's small and not very proud of the machine.

I like Frank's idea about the foot switch...assuming I can find it with my foot when I need it....

If you use one of the big paddle switches does the same switch work for "off" *and* "on"?

thanks all

Last edited:
Yup....what Vaughn said. It mounts on a standard 2x4 electrical box and then just swap wires. I mounted mine so I can bump it with my knee to turn off.

Last edited: