I need some help

I listed it on Craigslist tonight....(but not holding my breath). Yes it will probably set out in the garage for quite some time before I find a use for it but not much else I can do.

Tom, When is your new top due to arrive? if you have to "eat" that top and the new one wont be in till after Thanksgiving I would just install your sink into that top to get through the holiday. Another thing to consider when done is maybe cutting that top into a useable piece, clip off the radius and finish all the edges, do you have room for a small island, even on wheels in your kitchen?
Dont beat yourself up too bad, we've all been there.

Did I ever tell you all about the time I was putting relief cuts in a 14 food brazilian cherry counter top so I could cut the radius out easily and cut right accross my pencil line because the line of grain 3 inches in looked more like a pencil line than the pencil line did? I think they heard the shop supervisor dressing me down 3 counties over!

Maybe too late, but could you have put something like a large dutchman in the corner and then make your 3" radius? Make it out of some nice wood that compliments the colors of the laminate and and call it an accent corner?

Well, It was an expensive lesson but I did go purchase a new section with the correct radius on the corner. :( It came in yesterday and looks nice. I go pick up my new sink tonight. Oh....I didnt even tell you all about that. Ordered it.....it came in...I picked it up and brought it home...unloaded it and set it in the garage. Opened the box to make sure it was the correct sink...it was. Last week I cut out the other section of countertop to accept the new sink. I go out to get new sink to test fit in cutout and corner of new sink was chipped.:eek:. I never opened the carton completely. There were cardboard covers over each corner of the sink and when I removed them one corner had a chunck out of it. So I also had to order a new sink....but this will be on them not me. So, after tonight I should have all the componets to complete this job. We have been over two weeks now without a sink and running water in the kitchen. You take these things for granted until they are gone. It will be nice to have it all back together hopfully this weekend.

One more thing....got a call from someone tonight who saw my ad on Craigslist and wants the countertop that I measured wrong. I'm only going to recoup 1/2 of my money on it but it's something.

Last edited:
Well, we finally have a working kitchen again. I got the new countertop and sink and faucet all installed today. Learned several lessons along the way. We are happy with the final outcome and a whole 4 days to spare before Thanksgiving. :eek: Little over two weeks with out running water in the kitchen. This should have been a one day project but I managed to drag it out nearly 18 days. :dunno: Oh well....here is a before and after photo. Glad this project is done. Clothes washer not working now so that's next.
Before:
100_1020 (Small).JPG

After:
100_1035 (Small).JPG

OOOOOOH....Been in that predicament before. Ripped the kitchen to the studs in our first house on July 4th. LOML folks coming for Thanksgiving. We got the countertop installed the day before...That was close. I built the cabinets, but we had someone come in and do the tops. I hooked up the sink that night after work.

Can you leave the wrong piece in so you have a sink? Kind of late now, but might be doable. Minimal rework of the sink and undo/redo the plumbing, but at least you'd have a sink. Jim.

Well, feeling pretty stupid right now. I'm going to have to just take this one on the chin. What really sucks is now I have no kitchen sink either untill this is done. We are also scheduled to host Thanksgiving here for our family this year. I'm not in a good place here.