Voting

Just be glad you can all vote, I've lived outside of Canada for so long I'm not allowed to vote there, I'm not Japanese so I can't vote here, but I still pay taxes of course :)

I didn't look at the letter that I got a few weeks ago that told me my polling place changed. :doh:So I had to walk all the way across the street to the correct church to vote...Took longer for the voting officials to not find my name at the first place than it did to walk to and vote at the correct place. :D

Voted - paper ballot - then tried to hand it in for scanning.

Ooops, scanner is broken; "just leave your ballot here and we'll scan it after an election board official comes to repair/replace the scanner..." Don't really know whether my votes were ever tallied, or not...

Not a good way to run an election, for sure!

Voted - paper ballot - then tried to hand it in for scanning.

Ooops, scanner is broken; "just leave your ballot here and we'll scan it after an election board official comes to repair/replace the scanner..." Don't really know whether my votes were ever tallied, or not...

Not a good way to run an election, for sure!

I just checked on the internet to confirm that the State Auditor's office received my mailed ballot. Yep. We have a slick voter election system here in Washington State. I can even drill down in the election results and see how my precinct voted on all issues and candidates. It even told me when it will be updated next (4:00PM). Sometimes government works, if you have the right one.

Glad everyone had nice short lines. Here in Boston I showed up at 7:05am to find the line out the door and down the block. They kept us moving though -- was back in my car and on my way to work by 7:50am.

When I came home, I saw people were still lined up down the block -- I think we had a record turn out here in MA.

I worked at one of the polls, as I have for decades. We were steady all day, not as heavy a turn out as expected. It is interesting to see the people who come to vote. It is a chance to see some I don't see very often. But visiting is discouraged. In fact standing around and socializing is prohibited by law. Vote and leave.
BTW, working the polls is a tedious and tiring 14 hour day. I really don't know why I do it anymore. The pay :rofl: is well under minimum wage.