Trend Airshield Questions

I'm seriously considering buying an Airshield because I'm growing tired of putting on and taking off ear plugs, respirator, eye protection, and ear muffs (yes I wear 2 layers of ear protection--29 dB + 25 dB. I have 3 questions.

1. Does the Airshield have some built-in ear protection?

2. Is it one size fits all?

3. Is the eye protection comparable to safety glasses?

Thanks all,

Yes yes and yes the air shield has an adjustable basket in it just like a hard hat. Oh and a shield has way more eye protection than glasses.

+1 to trying it if you can. The batteries, etc.. do add some weight so its a bit more than your normal face shield/eye protectors + earmuffs. If you're already wearing a respirator though I suspect it might be more pleasant to use.

The ear protectors are an additional option. Least they were when I bought mine. I like mine, but after wearing it for a little while It really gives me a stiff neck. Guess I don't use it often enough to build up my neck muscles.

I like mine, it is the only thing I have found that really gets me out of the dust. I don't have the earmuffs that come with it, can't hear anyway so it doesn't bother me. The plastic adjustable headband broke in mine, called Packard where I bought it and they gave me a # to call. They took my name and address and I had a new one in two or three days. If bought a smart battery charger to charge the batteries, I kept forgetting to take them out of the charger. If something happened to mine I would get another one.

A former FW member and still a friend of us here needs one. I was in his large professional shop recently and the air was filled, like a fog, with fine dust. I couldn't breath, it was awful. He works in that. :eek: I fear for his health. His dust control system is large and powerful but it only removes from the wood working surfaces, not from the air.