Brother-in-laws Plaque

NAME PLATE - SAM BRIDGES W-RAZORBACK (Small).JPG Made this out of 3/4" pine , had to be real careful on the Razorback scrolling for the pine is soft wood and trends to bust out with real detailed scrolling . I was real careful and all worked out well - Primed,painted and applyed several coats of clear gloss glaze... any comments welcomed ....MB

Very nice, what scroll saw are you using?
Sorry for being so slow getting back to you Mike , I use a Dewalt 20" Scrollsaw . It's a great saw after wearing out a 16" Craftsman saw ... love my Dewalt saw - a great production saw ...scrolling is just about all I do ..........MB

Last edited:
Sorry for being so slow getting back to you Mike , I use a Dewalt 20" Scrollsaw . It's a great saw after wearing out a 16" Craftsman saw ... love my Dewalt saw - a great production saw ...scrolling is just about all I do ..........MB

No problem I have not checked in very often lately it`s deer season here in Mich. I have been scrolling for quite a few yrs. I`ve been through 2 Ryobis, a Craftsman, Dewalt and have been using a Hawk for the last 2 yrs. great saw.

Doesn't take to long at all cutting this soft pine Mohammad , took longer to put the pattern together - { my wife made-up the pattern for me anyway } .......I've made so many name plaque in the past I've gotton rather fast at it - unless I'm making something out of Brazillian Cherry :pullhair: and then I have to slow it down ....MB