Not good PR for Crapsman tools

I just saw that same story on Yahoo news.... it's too bad.

I remember when the spec and requirements to carry the Sears name on products was higher than the specs on the manufacturer's own products....

I think it is wrong for them to do that, However, if we the customers refused to buy the Chinese knock offs there would not be a market for them and therefore no reason for them to send them off shore to make a big profit. Just saying, we as consumers have to take the lead and refuse to buy their cheaper knock off products. Until we do that there will be no changes in the way that these big corporations do business. It's in our hands people!

I think it is wrong for them to do that, However, if we the customers refused to buy the Chinese knock offs there would not be a market for them and therefore no reason for them to send them off shore to make a big profit. Just saying, we as consumers have to take the lead and refuse to buy their cheaper knock off products. Until we do that there will be no changes in the way that these big corporations do business. It's in our hands people!

I think you explained it very well, Charles...we are the problem.

I know it's nothing new but it really kills me when corporations as well as people put making a few bucks above character and values.

I agree with you....and Sears isn't alone. Not only isn't it new, but it's rampant at many corporate and even government levels. Greedy people suck, and they're becoming far too common for my tastes. If we all acted like our grandmothers were watching, all would be well....if we aren't able to let our own conscience be our guide, just let Grandma's conscience guide you!

Last edited:
Wouldn't work in my family, Scott. Ole Grammaw was real tyrant! :rofl: :D

gvhtfy.jpeg

I did some Googling on this yesterday and found the original actually retails for $2.00 less than Sears knock-off. The inventor and (American) maker has had to lay off 81 employees :mad: since the Sears copy came on the market. Other discussions indicated any lawsuits against Sears are likely to not be successful because they made minor changes in the design. I think I'm going to buy one of the originals just as a small protest of my own. BTW, they aren't expensive and look like a great idea. Under $20.00.

Give that man a Harrrumph! We all know this but, it is always good to hear it. We all wanted Wal-Mart prices, and now we've got 'em. I try to buy locally, then nationally. I am willing to pay bit more for USA built goods. I succeed in buying non-imports about half the time. Wish it were more.