Candy dispenser project. It's a success!

John Pollman

Howdy all!

About a month ago, I saw a post on FB from another wood worker who shared a pic of one of his friends projects. It was a really cool skull and cross bones candy dispenser for Halloween. I really wanted to make one and decided to give it a try. I didn't have any plans but I figured a way to do it. I've been a bit busy lately doing fall cleanup so it's no point in making a Halloween version being that it's only a week before Thanksgiving. I decided to change it up and make it a Christmas themed dispenser. I started yesterday morning and worked on it most of the day because I didn't have much going on but it was about 90% done before I went to bed last night. I finished it up this morning before heading out to start a job for a client. Here's the result. What do you think?

christmas_tree_candy_dispenser.JPG

LOL

It's about 10"w and 11"h. I wanted to prove the concept before going too large. It is operational and works well, I just think of it as more of a decoration to sit out on a table during the holidays. I've got lots of ideas now for other designs. :)

EDIT:
OOPS! 11" high, thanks Carol. I didn't catch that. :)

Last edited:
112" high! Wow! Ya need 10' ceilings! Bet it costs a mint (chocolate? :) ) to fill it. But gee's, Brent, how much bigger would you want it? :rofl:

I love it!

Well done John thats real creative and great idea. I was thinking its just the right size. Could even have lines on the acrylic like and easter egg which would allow rationing to kids. Ie you can take this week to the first line.

Hey an Easter version would also be neat. Try get a few made and put on display at your skateboard park clients place. I am sure they would sell there. :)

Oh boy now we talking. Thats taking it to a great new level Darren. Not hard to do either. Could stash a battery holder and a switch behind it and hide the wires in the wood. If dipples were drilled in the underside of the acrylic then the led would diffuse the light across the acrylic. Could be a real neat look with sparkling lights.