It's Friday! 11/16 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
It's here again.

I'm planning to grout the shower tonight. My wife has boxed up almost all of the halloween stuff, so will be treking it back up to the attic tomorrow so she can have a week of fall decorations before the xmas stuff comes down. Sunday will be more grout/caulking and may be installing grab bars in the shower.

What's everyone else got going?

Congrats again Dan!
:thumb:
Shop time tonight, cleaning and making a lumber rack for some all the short pieces I have. Tomorrow, coaching the daughter's bball team and then some more shop time and dinner out with the wife. Sunday is wide open....besides the Packer game.

What you only packing away Halloween and fall decorations. :) I already have my Xmas lights up. I learned finally after many years to get them up before it turns to freezing cold and i am doing it with frozen hands.:D

Changing oil on wifes car. Thought i had found a place but turns out i was wrong. So gotta do service myself.

Bought 5 packs of insulation and vapor barrier, plan on getting area in the back of the garage insulated so i can have a shop through winter. My hope is with one of these i will be able to enjoy at least a little tinkering with wood this winter. This place is small enough that the heater i linked to should do a super job of keeping me toasty.

Then i hope to fit my new full extension slides to existing draws. If i get all that done i will be a happy camper.

Oh and start up and test the newly acquired snow blower. I picked it up from Sears this week and uncrated it. Hope i made the right decision also hope as a result of its acquisition we get no snow:D this year. I am more than happy enough to have it stay where it is and not have to use it. We got a real long driveway now so shovelling was definitely out with one son at school and the other well, lets leave it there.

Today, hopefully finish the bedroom remodel of the shop tow vehicle (MH) and then begin moving stuff into the MH. Tomorrow, moving stuff into two cargo trailers begins in earnest. Trying to sort tools for keepers in one trailer and possible sale into the other, and all the related stuff to be packed in the correct trailer as well. Have to be out of the house and garage by next weekend. Hate moving! Not to mention, I also work weekends! :)

What you only packing away Halloween and fall decorations. :) I already have my Xmas lights up. I learned finally after many years to get them up before it turns to freezing cold and i am doing it with frozen hands.:D

Well, I'll probably get them up next Friday (after thanksgiving), but typically it's a lit wreath on each gable of the house, I don't string lights up on the eves anymore. The rest is the light nets laid over bushes. It's supposed to be in the 50's still next weekend. ;)

first night at work tonight.
biggrin.gif
Good luck...not that you'll need it. ;)

What a coincidence, Mine are up already as well. Of course I used a slightly different strategy...

(I didn't take them down last year.)

Working tonight and Saturday. I took Sunday off so the wife and I can take off head up North and be alone for the day.
Not sure yet what my new hours will be. Hopefully I'll find out tonight.

Going to attempt to make a few salt and pepper grinders for Christmas gifts. Should be interesting :rolleyes:. Peachtree had some on sale a week or so ago.

Well, I've been noticing that when I crosscut things on my big old sled, particularly for cutting boards, I've been getting some irregularities crop up. nothing major, and in the case of the boards, easily correctible. so I've been working on a new smaller crosscut sled. My old one was a massive beast (still is, and I may adjust the rear fence and keep it for bigger items), so I made the new one about 1/2 the size. I'm just about to do the 5 cut method to ensure the rear fence is square, then I'll add a safety 'box' at the blade exit before I put it to use and chop up my latest batch of cutting board blanks.

More shop time! I got approval from the bosses at work to extend my "trip home" to LA for another week so I can handle a few more things here, as well as spend Thanksgiving with my wife. I'll continue working on the Honey-Do list and get to play in the shop some, in addition to telecommuting to the Albuquerque office.

When I took our Christmas lights down in July (my first trip home since December of last year), my wife assured me she didn't want to leave them up for Christmas this year. I'd say the odds are about 50-50 that she'll ask me to hang them back up this week. :rolleyes: :D

I hope to sweep through a bunch of holiday prep stuff in the shop. I replaced a starter cap in one of my DC's. Apparently years of frequent on and off finally killed one; cheap enough to fix. Speaking of which I need to dump the bins on both. Do some other domestic stuff around the house and take a nap.

Got the whole week off and lots to do around the house, but I just cant get started this morning. Not sure what to do first...

Oh well, Time for another cup of coffee and I'll go out and see what strikes me first.