Planer Gloat plus a few new things

Bob Gibson

Finally found my camera. Only took me 2 weeks :doh:

Got what I think is a pretty good deal on the DW735. It came with extra blades, the extension tables, plus a free DeWalt DW611 router. Sale price $579 at Rockler. I'll put my old DW733 on Craigs list.

Finally bit the bullet on the Wynn filter for my HF dust collector. First thing I noticed when I turned it on was the noticeable increase in suction and the lack of dust particles in the air.
The Wynn customer service was very top notch. Knowledgeable and very friendly. When I get excellent customer service from a company I make sure that they are the first ones I call when I need something.

I got tired of my measurements being off up to a 1/16". Between my poor eyes, dirty glasses and fat pencils I could never remember or see which side of the line to cut:rofl: So far these Incra rulers have been a real help. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has tried these.

Finally a few pics :D

Attachments

• 100_4339.jpg
    100_4339.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_4340.jpg
    100_4340.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_4343.jpg
    100_4343.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_4344.jpg
    100_4344.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 38
Wow! Early Christmas? Won the lottery? Wife needs forgiveness? Rich uncle?

Also, curious. Why change from the 733 to the 735? I have the 733. Happy with it. Thinking about the 735 because the handle is on the side and this would support stacking (in my future shop trailer).

So far these Incra rulers have been a real help. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has tried these.

I have the 6" Incra rule and find it handy time and again. I did have to pickup some .5mm automatic pencils at the store. Congrats on the goodies.

Nice bonus on the router. Need to order the Wynn filter for mine. Just got some quick connectors for mine so I can actually use it on other machines other than the TS.

Well, certainly nothing there that I think you will be the least bit sorry for. I have that dust collector setup, have had for several year and I am very happy with it. The filter is a BIG improve over the bags it comes with. And, I have an Incra metric ruler that I use constantly and love it. I keep looking at their other rulers and if I ever get some made money again, I will have more of them.

Wow! Early Christmas? Won the lottery? Wife needs forgiveness? Rich uncle?

Also, curious. Why change from the 733 to the 735? I have the 733. Happy with it. Thinking about the 735 because the handle is on the side and this would support stacking (in my future shop trailer).

I really liked the 733 but it was getting a little tired. I don't know if it was because I've sharpened (done professionally) the 2 sets of blades several times each or just needs new rollers but it developed unacceptable snipe along with some other minor issues. I treat my tools very well and clean and adjust them almost after every use. I just couldn't figure this problem out. Besides, I've wanted the 735 for quite awhile and my secret tool stash was burning a hole in my pocket:D

What also helped make the decision to buy it was my wife wants a 8 foot cherry trestle table for the dining room. After expressing a little doubt about my old planer being able to plane 100 bf to her standards she said " just get a new planer" ;)

Bob, running the same planer and dust collection set up as you. Take the fan of of the 735. Much more quite and works just as well. The HF will pull the chips out without it.

Congrats on the haul

.....my wife wants a 8 foot cherry trestle table for the dining room. After expressing a little doubt about my old planer being able to plane 100 bf to her standards she said " just get a new planer" ;)

Well played sir, well played! ;) A planer is high on my list, just after a better bandsaw!

Finally bit the bullet on the Wynn filter for my HF dust collector. First thing I noticed when I turned it on was the noticeable increase in suction and the lack of dust particles in the air. The Wynn customer service was very top notch. Knowledgeable and very friendly. When I get excellent customer service from a company I make sure that they are the first ones I call when I need something.

I got tired of my measurements being off up to a 1/16". Between my poor eyes, dirty glasses and fat pencils I could never remember or see which side of the line to cut:rofl: So far these Incra rulers have been a real help. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has tried these.

Nice haul!

Hmm... I have one of those incra rulers somewhere... It was in a whole big pile of stuff I bought from an estate sale for ?$25 ?$30 (no more than that). It wasn't what I was looking for, but was a bonus part of the pile (the previous owner did stained glass and there was a whole huge wall of peg board covered in measuring devices that wa sold as one lot... I have a soft spot for measuring devices but am set for a while .. mostly :D). May have to dig it out and give it a shot.

Very nice haul Bob welcome to the DW 735 club. :) I like the sound of what you got going with your new filter.

But i have not experienced the Incra rulers will have to look into them i dont know anything about them.

Can you fill us in on what is special about them.

Cool freebie. I like it when that happens. :thumb:

Congrats on the haul, Bob. I'm a HF/Wynn dust collector user, and although it's not a 5 hp cyclone, is sure is an improvement over what I was using before (a shop vac). I also have the 6" Incra rule and wouldn't want to be without it. In fact, I don't have any Incra tools that I'd be willing to give up. No experience with the DeWalt planer, but I can tell just looking at photos that it's better than my Delta Snipemaster. ;)