Craft Fair

Well did my first craft fair in about 5 yrs. It went really well. After all expenses including sales tax I went over $500 and got 8 more orders which is going to bring the total to over $1000 after expenses. I am so pleased. Funny thing is didn't sell one bowl or vase. All were peppermills (antique, mini's and regular mills), toothpick dispensers (sold over 14 of those), pens, bottle stoppers, and ornaments. All in all was a great day. Lots of comments and some different idea's. If the truth be known this was a last minute decision as I swore I wouldn't do another craft fair after the fiasco of the last two 5 or 6 yrs ago.

Attachments

• Church Craft Fair.jpg
    Church Craft Fair.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 61
Excellent!! Glad you did so well Bernie. The timing was right for holiday giving and you had attractive items at reasonable prices...that's a good combination.

Well did my first craft fair in about 5 yrs. ..
Good to here that you had some worthwhile contributions to the piggy bank, funnily enough I did one in our local village xmas market yesterday, much against my first inclinations and only to help fill the tables so to speak.

Not something I had any great enthusiasm for but having had a very similar result to yours and the fact that the boss seemed taken by the reduction in spare room clutter and the input to to the shed fund I suspect events might see me producing items and dispatched to places I had not envisioned.

Last edited:
Thanks again to all.

Chas that is great and exactly what happened here. They begged me to fill space and finally at the persistance of the wife I said ok. I now have over 11 orders but not complaining.

That's great news, Bernie. Congrats on a successful show. :thumb: I'm not surprised that it was the lower-priced, more utilitarian items that sold. ;)

Thanks again. Vaughn it did kind of surprise me but then again it didn't. Utility bowls, peppermills, etc. did sell well. I made out pretty well even though my prices weren't what I really wanted but hey it buys me my toys..........er tools.:rofl: A salt and pepper mill set sold for $62. My sister sells them for me in NC for $125. She doesn't sell a boat load but I give her 40% for handling the sales up there so I make some and she makes hers.

Way to go Bernie, I also did a show this last weekend and did fairly well. Your numbers are a little larger than mine but I also got an outside order that will bring me to almost 800 for the show. I am also looking at some new Toys for the money.
Dennis