Getting close to Christmas!

Stuart Ablett

I thought I'd better get a few things done!!

56Ghdl.jpg

The one up front is the original design, the three unfinished ones are my modified design.
Lots of sanding yet to do!

Very nice! In Zebrawood? I made a few of these in the fall, and like you I modified the design to give them four legs, a slightly rounded back of the head, and four prongs to the antlers. They were very popular gifts with the people I gave them to.

Good stuff!

Very nice! In Zebrawood? I made a few of these in the fall, and like you I modified the design to give them four legs, a slightly rounded back of the head, and four prongs to the antlers. They were very popular gifts with the people I gave them to.

Good stuff!

No Zebra wood, just good old Douglas Fir!

The backs are flat.

MCbi8.jpg

I thought they were reindeer, but the way they are multiplying, maybe they are rabbits.....?

Lots of hand sanding yet to do....

6Vk6W.jpg

I got 18 done, used up a lot of wood, but that's OK, lots of sandpaper too, and some skin off my fingers and thumbs!
I'm spraying a rattle can clear coat on them, I hope to get them done and out the door today or tomorrow, Christmas is coming after all!

I hope that once the clear coat is dry they will only need a light buffing with a green scrubby pad and be done.

Cheers!

Here you go Tony, this is my modified design......

stus_reindeer_mod.jpg
Just print it out then use a photocopier to size it to whatever wood you are using.

Cheers!

Those are awesome... what a cool gift. Are you going to give them away or maybe just field a team for santa's sleigh?

kW2k9.jpg

Now I just need to add the ribbons around the necks, and get them in the mail.
There were a lot more work than I thought they would be, but maybe I aimed a bit high on finishing them, they are very smooth and there are three coats of clear on each one.

Cheers!