Mobile base question

Some time ago I bought a shopfox mobile base (G7315z) for my bandsaw. Well, I finally decided to assemble it. I noticed that all the rails only had one hole. My grizzly tablesaw is also on a mobile base and on that base there are two threaded holes on the top on each side of the rails and the bolts go thru the holes on the corner bracket and the holes on the rails.

I took some pictures and emailed Grizzly's support. Their response was that the bolts just go thru the corner bracket holes and apply pressure on the rails. The one hole on the rails is for shopfox to hang them with and apply spray paint.

Is this setup going to be secure enough while moving the machine on the base?

IMG_5605.jpgIMG_5608.jpg

I purchased a heavy duty Shopfox base made for planers the wheels didn't have any bearings just bolts through the wheels they wouldn't roll or castor at all on nice flat concrete. $60 later & a little steel glue to extend the mounting brackets because the wheels I got were bigger & this is what I had. It now rolls just fine even up over 1/2" interlocking 2'x2' rubber mats. I don't honestly know if I'd ever even buy a Shopfox base again.

Attachments

• planer 003.jpg
    planer 003.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Replacement  wheels for a Shopfox tool base.jpg
    Replacement wheels for a Shopfox tool base.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I built a mobile base for my bandsaw, and put wheels on the back legs of the tablesaw stand. I found the most important thing was to get sufficiently large to roll over unevenness in the floor. The wheels on my bandsaw are 2½" as my experience with the wheels on the tablesaw was that 1½" was small enough to hang up on extendion cords and other small obstacles. The 2½" wheels roll over most things.

It depends on which base you buy. I think the heavy duty one comes with through bolts. I have one of each with no problems yet. I don't think you'll have issues with a 14" bandsaw. If it was going to be a table saw, I think I'd want them locked in with through bolts.

Edit: I have a grizzly 1.5hp shaper on the light base and no problems.

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain that's the same base I've got under my bandsaw. No trouble with it for me, although I agree the way the rails are held in place sure seems questionable.