test of cache issues

Seems slower than ever this morning. Took me 45 seconds to get this reply screen - after two 'database errors.' Accessing new posts in forum topics is equally slow, as it accessing PMs.

It's broke! Needs fixed!

Dunno if it helps any, but my forum (also on bluehost) isn't acting up at all so far, from what I can tell. Maybe bluehost learned not to make wide sweeping changes anymore.

I got the db error two days ago but haven't really noticed things being TOO slow - then again, I usually load FWW up in a tab along with several others so I may just not be noticing it.

Hmmm, two lengthy posts I made in two different threads are gone. They posted correctly this morning. I even went back and corrected the spelling in one of them. As of this writing; no sign of them ??? Oh, and still real slow.

We've disabled the CMS for now to help narrow down some causes. I'm still getting some slow responses, so I'm not so sure that it's our issue. You may also notice a few features disappear temporarily as we'll be disabling some plugins one at a time to verify none have become corrupt.

I just noticed that when ever I log in down at the bottom left it says woody3 dial up and is slower than molasses in the winter. If I change it to woody3 it speeds up but is still noticeably slower than other websites

vB4 Default Style is the fastest setting and is almost like normal.

Some of the research led us to believe the CMS was generating really large inefficient query. Keep us posted if you think the performance has improved or not.

We're (well, mostly Darren) is working on it. I'm mostly offering color commentary.

I just checked it again and seems much much faster. I also noticed I had "woody3 dailup" selected somehow. I changed it to "woody". Don't know if it helped or what was done with CMS, whatever that is...Whatever, thanks!

The woody3 thing was here as well. don't know what it was. Things seem to be moving better now. Yesterday am had to login, this morning I didn't??? FWIW, over the last few days I started having similar login problems on other sites as well even though the logins included the "Remember Me".

...We're (well, mostly Darren) is working on it. I'm mostly offering color commentary.

And I'm just going and getting coffee and donuts whenever Darren asks for them. (Or pizzas and beer, whatever.) I understand the basic concepts, but when it gets to the actual code a lot of this stuff is so far over my head it's leaving contrails. :rolleyes: Many thanks to both Darren and Brent for digging into this. :thumb:

It seems a lot faster now. Hopefully that'll last. I say that because lately it's been varying quite a lot - and quite often.

So far; so good...

It's baaaaaack! Shut down the PC & had to login again when I turned it back on an hour later - slow from page to page.
Hang in there Darren & Brent we all know you're working hard on this.

We made another settings change last night recommended by vbulletin. I'm still getting a pause from time to time, but not sure if it's the forum or my connection. How's it for everyone else?