test of cache issues

Took forty seconds to load the title page; about ten seconds to get to this thread. Twelve seconds to get to the 'reply' screen.

BTW, Speed report says I have 10.86 mb connection.

Well i was not going to complain about speed thinking i was only one and that my computer was to blame but... i also experience it being very very slow and slower these past few weeks. BTW i just did a speed test to BlueHost server in Los Angeles and i have 15.78 MB/s link. My normal speed within Canada is even faster but i notice when i search across the border my bandwidth gets reduced. But even with this close to 16mb/s speed i have the browser waiting for response from FWW or FWW not responding.

FYI, We are looking at putting in some patches later today.

The issue seems to be with some DB queries taking a long time to resolve, and it really isn't dependent on the connection speed.

Still looking into it.

Thanks to the behind the scene guys for getting this fixed! :thumb: I'm sure you have nothing going on at your real job keeping you from this, so hurry up already! :p:rofl:

thanks guys for all your work on this forum,, not to add to your woes but one thing i have noticed that might be part of what your working on is that when making a reply it drags on then asks if i want to leave page and so i say no and get double post or no post its a crap shoot as to what to answer???

thanks guys for all your work on this forum,, not to add to your woes but one thing i have noticed that might be part of what your working on is that when making a reply it drags on then asks if i want to leave page and so i say no and get double post or no post its a crap shoot as to what to answer???

Okay:
1. What Larry describes has happened to me on four past occasions over the past week or so; and,

2. it took sixteen seconds from the time I clicked on 'Reply with Quote' until the Quick Reply screen appeared. Better than it's been lately, but still not great.

I know you guys are working on the problem(s), and I'm betting it's getting really frustrating by now, but we all really do appreciate all your efforts. Good job, guys!

Update: Just had it happen again (leave this page error) when I tried to respond to Charles Haas' thread.

Last edited:
I've seen that same thing happen. What's odd is that literally nothing has changed on the server side, at least from what we control.

So it's made it kind of hard to track down.

We're going to do a software update tonight and see if that helps.

I'm not sure it will, but at least we will be up to date and will have been able to eliminate some variables from the equation.

Thanks for your patience guys, we are working on it.

Don't know if this is related, but I get the "Do you want to leave this page?" on gmail.com and a few other sites as well. Perhaps this is bigger that FWW?