Best Holiday Tree Stand

Bill Satko

I just had to share my discovery of the best tree stand. We went out this morning to get a tree at one of the local nurseries and after making our selection (in less than 2 minutes to the utter surprise of the young guy helping us), the wife went in to pay for it. That left me talking with young guy. Our tree happened to be displayed on one of the rows in a stand. I noticed the stand as he got it ready for us and asked him about it. He said it was the best stand there was and further explained it only took a second to adjust the tree to a straight position.

Since I already had the WORST tree stand in the world, I decided to get it and save some holiday aggravation. The worst tree stand looks like this. Maybe you recognize it.

mno32IHPP-rN9kkUG6UW8EZcFkCxc8lTZqMfWG1Z9P799JB83KMQxTZxtRqFGh-qeUbuRIxJG3kZsmcagb2NYP9moA7SYxfjhYFDkUQBScY_RD-F8V8cmnITLlOS1LUMUJjItk8lSSFQ9HfXo8c9JP9_D0z1X0etZmbMMwsVIZTd_as4DkeZieZY64I0iHZIVdrqvHVxmqHrux6mmmx5rJGjwc7c1wGquiWcSiRImLrX2_nM8VN9qZK0RdxBTLGFxVMDINmX9mX6DwbFa0xUOVwEf7q7hA6DIxmN15D7=s220-c

Well, I got it home and set the tree in the stand and straightened it to my wife's satisfaction (no mean feat), all in less than 2 minutes and no swearing. Whoo hoo! Sometimes it is the little things in life...

The best tree stand in the world is called Davis Tree Stand and they claim it is "the world's greatest Christmas tree stand. It has no equal!" and I believe them.

I forgot to add that you place a small container of water under the butt of the tree. Our nursery had several sizes and it was possible it was sold by the stand maker, but I am not sure.

Last edited:
Amazing how the simple things work so well. :) I used to get a cut tree but they got carried away with price escalation in our area thinking just because the home prices went up trees had to follow. So we hauled our fake one out we brought with us. Still going strong after many a year and good part is no needles at the end of season. :)
But i do like the real deal and smell of pine at Xmas.

My stand that i still have has 4 threaded rods at the top of the pot with an eyelet in them and the other end with small round feet like the swivel feet on the F clamps. Does a pretty good job. But it still is a battle to fill it with water all the time.

Looks like a nice solution.

We've never done the real tree. We did finally upgrade to a pre-lit tree a few years back. Last year the final set of lights burned out on it and had to just run a new string over the whole thing.

Had a hard time finding any non-led lights this year that didn't look "ultra white".

Looks like a nice solution.

We've never done the real tree. We did finally upgrade to a pre-lit tree a few years back. Last year the final set of
leds lights burned out on it and had to just run a new string over the whole thing.

Had a hard time finding any non-led lights this year that didn't look "ultra white".

This is first time I used led lights for chrsitmas. They looked awesome. I do have some pics which I will share next time

Last edited: