Skew practice continued

Drew Watson

Well Just finished off the last chess pieces for the set. been quite the challenge and have had a few set backs along the way. IMG_20121218_112924.jpg Now I can focus on finishing off the board. No idea how this is happening but once again the pictures are appearing upside down on the post. Please can someone give me some advice on why this is happening and what to do to fix this problem. The pictures are right side up on my end.

Last edited:
Until you find out differently, perhaps you could rotate the pictures upside down on your PC before downloading them to the FWW site.

Nice work on the chess set!

The obvious solution is to turn your camera upside down.
photographerflipped.gif

Here's your pic, flipped...wish I knew why it's not cooperating on your machine:

Drew Watson Chess Set.jpg

Great job on the chess set. :thumb: Your skew skills put mine to shame. (Of course, if I turned a whole chess set with a skew, I suspect my skew skills would improve. But I'm still not good enough yet with a skew to even start a project like this.)

The obvious solution is to turn your camera upside down.
photographerflipped.gif

Here's your pic, flipped...wish I knew why it's not cooperating on your machine:

View attachment 72458

Great job on the chess set. :thumb: Your skew skills put mine to shame. (Of course, if I turned a whole chess set with a skew, I suspect my skew skills would improve. But I'm still not good enough yet with a skew to even start a project like this.)

Thanks again Vaughn I tried flipping the camera and standing on my head to take the pics but still nothing works. I am at a loss for why it is doing it. might have something to do with Windows 8 but I doubt it. Oh well I am sure it will be something really simple. I need to get the boys over after Christmas to get them to explain it. No point doing it now or it would ruin the surprise.

As for the skew practice I must say that I am surprised at how easy it is once you get the hang of it. I did find several choice words through this set though to describe my feelings about the skew when it did bite. :doh: Not much sanding to get a nice look too but the black walnut is softer than the maple so I had to be extra careful there.

Have spent most of the day in the shop so far just cleaning it up so I have some room to finish off the board. Digging through a whack of cherry wood boards that I scored years ago trying to find similar colors. I remember now why we had so much picked through extras after the job was over. even coming from the same board it is hard to find boards that have the same grain and color.