Site Software upgraded and Performance Issues

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we've upgraded the VBulletin software to the latest version.

It's the first step in tracking down the performance issues.

We will be monitoring the site to see if this makes an improvement.

As always let us know if you experience any changes in site behavior or performance.

Sincerely,

The admin team.

Last edited:
Pretty much what I thought. But we had to go through this hoop to rule it out.

Back to the drawing board.

Probably not related, However: when I click the button "Post Quick Reply" I get a message that says something like, "You poke this button you gonn'a lose what is in the editor." There is another button that says something like, "stay where you are."

If I click, "Stay where you are." I stay where I am (big surprise here). If I poke the button that says that I am going to lose what is in the editor, it posts my reply like it has done in the past.

This has been going on for several days. It does NOT happen every time.

The wording is confusing to a non-techie like me (Well, actually no one else is like me. Thank goodness.)

I thank all of you tech people. Without you we would really have no FWW.

Thanks again and Enjoy,

JimB

Probably not related, However: when I click the button "Post Quick Reply" I get a message that says something like, "You poke this button you gonn'a lose what is in the editor." There is another button that says something like, "stay where you are."

If I click, "Stay where you are." I stay where I am (big surprise here). If I poke the button that says that I am going to lose what is in the editor, it posts my reply like it has done in the past.

This has been going on for several days. It does NOT happen every time.

JimB

Did it happen when you posted this time?

Got three 'database error' this morning (8:05 EST), then started working okay again. Pictures in threads seem a little slow to load, too.

Still way better than it's been, though.

yeah, I suspect the search crawlers were thumping on everything pretty hard this morning. Have requested they start visiting during late evening hours on those that offer it.