Site Software upgraded and Performance Issues

Seems to be working fine for me today, so far. Really appreciate you efforts. I'd be lost without this site.

Well, okay when I went to post this "Quick Reply" I received this message:

"This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved"

Didn't use to get that.

Last edited:
When I got on this thread an minute ago, it popped right up on message #20 - okay...but when I clicked for page 2 , it took a full thirty seconds to bring it up. Rge 'reply to thread' window came up quickly, though.

Also, I got John Pollman's armoire thread quickly, but waited for nearly a minute before giving up on seeing his latest photo.

It seemed 'fixed' earlier today. Guess not, eh?

Did it happen when you posted this time?

I have not kept track. It seems like it happens around 15% (10% to 20%) of the time. It might do it a couple times in a row...It might even do it three times in a row.

No it did not do it this time.

Change of subject: Yeah, I agree with the others that say, "slow picture loading."

Thank you and Enjoy,

JimB

Last edited:
just occurred to me that it has been awhile since we had any donations towards the cost of this forum guys how are standing in the fund department? do we need some more to cover these upgrades and such?

Took 45 seconds to load the front page this time, and about 15 seconds to get to this thread.

I'll second Larry's question - how's the 'treasury' holding up? Is it time for a donation or two?

Took 45 seconds to load the front page this time, and about 15 seconds to get to this thread.

I'll second Larry's question - how's the 'treasury' holding up? Is it time for a donation or two?

Yup, seeing some of the same still, but a lot less of it. I'll be making some db tweaks this weekend after a backup, probably Sunday evening since I've got work and family stuff to do until then.

As for the Treasury, I do think we're about due for a donation drive, but will have to wait for Vaughn to chime in on that. :wave:

Yeppers, we're going to need to do another fundraising drive before too long. We're paid up until about next November, but don't have enough in the forum coffers to cover the next year.

I'm planning to get something started along these lines shortly after the first of the year. :thumb:

I seem to have lost the 'home' button on my tool bar{? forum, new post, calender etc.} near the top of the page...in using either Woody3 or vb4 default :dunno:

BTW, Nice holiday decorations on the logo in Woody3 :thumb:

Speed is better though I've just logged on...

Last edited:
I know you all are working hard to fix this problem but I find it hard to stay on here with it taking so long to load pages. Not saying I'm leaving just that I hate waiting to see something or when I want to look something up I just go somewhere else where it pops up right away.

Are you sure your not under some type of ddos attack or something. Thw wood whisperer had a similar thing happen to him where it took forever for pages to load.

Status Assist - As of this morning I can open a browser and click my bookmark for FWW. I can then open another tab and open another forum, open another tab and open my email and be browsing the other forum or checking an email before the Family Woodworking forum page opens.

Boy this one has been a bugger, hasn't it?

P.s. Submitting this post took 35 seconds.

P.s.s. Adding the above edit got me the "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" dialog box. I confirmed and the post edit took.

Last edited: