Last Minute Christmas Presents

Stuart Ablett

Here in Japan Christmas is a Tuesday, which is a regular work day for us and most everyone, so we are celebrating Christmas tomorrow, Sunday. This is the first Christmas in 18 years that we will not have any kids at home for Christmas. Our friend Neil and his family have invited us to their home for Christmas dinner, they live just ups the road, we did this last year and we had a great time. Neil and his wife have three boys aged 10 to 5 so it is a lot of fun with the kids there. Last night I realized that we did not have any gifts for the boys, well that would not do, so I tried to think of something fun that they would not get anywhere else......

gr2T6.jpg
f

Yep.... pop guns!

My wife is worried that they will hurt each other with them, as they "shoot" corks, I told her that they are boys, and if you put them buck naked on a pillow the size of a football field they would find a way to bash each other with something they are boys after all :D

In this day of X-box etc I wonder how this old time toy will go over?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Just the length of the string, without the string, they will shoot across the room no problem! :D

String coming off in 3...2...1... :rofl:

Great idea, Stu. It'll be interesting to see how the boys like them. I'm guessing they will be either way cool or curiously old-fashioned. Whichever one, I'm betting they'll have fun with them.

I am with Vaughn them strings are coming off. Very cool toy, hope its appreciated will be very interesting to see reaction. You got a lot of memories going with this post.

Have a Happy Christmas celebration Stu and same to all your family and friends. :wave::thumb:

you should bring extra corks stu ,so when they loose the first one they can have more ammo:) then you will for sure be a hero to them, maybe not the parents though:)