Celebrating our 44th Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday one of our adult granddaughters arrived with her 6 year old daughter and her 22 month old daughter to spend Christmas with us.

Today Sharon and I celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary with them.

I met her on a blind date....3 days later on our 4th date I asked her to marry me. She was a young blonde divorce with 2 kids from her former marriage. 9 days later I signed over my checking and savings accounts when I left for the US Navy bootcamp. 2 days after I got home from boot camp we were married. A couple years later I adopted those 2 kids and we had 1 more.....

She puts the bright colors in my life.......she makes me smile........she makes me look down and shake my head......she is mother to our 3 kids......grandmother to our 8 grandkids....great-grandmother to our 6 great-grandkids....she is my lover......my best friend.......she is my worst critic........she's gives me reason to want life to last forever......she makes me smile........

I don't know what I did to deserve her........I won't ask.....I will just be forever grateful she is in my life.....

If you kids keep up like this, I think this marriage thing is gonna work out for you two. :D Seriously, you've written a beautiful tribute to Sharon. I doubt she would have stuck around if she didn't feel the same way about you.

Congrats to both of you, Ken. :congrats:

(snip)

She puts the bright colors in my life.......she makes me smile........she makes me look down and shake my head......she is mother to our 3 kids......grandmother to our 8 grandkids....great-grandmother to our 6 great-grandkids....she is my lover......my best friend.......she is my worst critic........she's gives me reason to want life to last forever......she makes me smile........

I don't know what I did to deserve her........I won't ask.....I will just be forever grateful she is in my life.....

And that's how it should be! Congrats!! You two are a little over 9 years ahead of Glenna and I. I couldn't have said the above any better.....Jim.

Congratulations Ken and Sharon having made it this far you set to go for another whole bunch. Ken takes two to tango. Well done to both of you for being a fine example. I hope i manage to follow in your footsteps but i am still a rookie at 20 years.

If you kids keep up like this, I think this marriage thing is gonna work out for you two. :D Seriously, you've written a beautiful tribute to Sharon. I doubt she would have stuck around if she didn't feel the same way about you.

Congrats to both of you, Ken. :congrats:

I could not say it any better than Vaughn has, so I'll just say Ditto!:D

Yesterday one of our adult granddaughters arrived with her 6 year old daughter and her 22 month old daughter to spend Christmas with us.

Today Sharon and I celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary with them.

I met her on a blind date....3 days later on our 4th date I asked her to marry me. She was a young blonde divorce with 2 kids from her former marriage. 9 days later I signed over my checking and savings accounts when I left for the US Navy bootcamp. 2 days after I got home from boot camp we were married. A couple years later I adopted those 2 kids and we had 1 more.....

Ken,

You say it so well and so true.
Thanks for your thread and

Enjoy,

JimB

Way to go! Having been married to the same woman for this long speaks well for the both of you. Congratulations & keep it going!

I found a keeper too. It'll be 44 years for us as well this Oct 1st.