Starting them young

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
We had xmas with two of my nephews tonight and my wife had picked up them each the Discover Toys Motor Works kits, for $25 each. At first I wondered how much they would be interested in them having to assemble their toys before they could play with them. After all the wrapping paper got picked up and batteries installed, the boys came and found me to assemble their toys. The kits come with a car, airplane, motorcycle, plastic screws, and a drill to assemble them with. I helped each through building a car and motorcycle and then they were assembling and disassembling it on their own over and over. I'd say it was a success.

2012-12-24 20.33.41.jpg

Toys like that were my favorite as a kid. I had an aunt and uncle who always found the coolest "tinkering" gifts for me at Christmas.

I sure did like that kind of toy when I was a kid. Now I don't care for mechanical things. Examples: Lathes, drill presses, sanders, band saws, grinders, etc.

I'm glad that the kids like that kind of thing. It is fun now and will sure help them when they are older.

Enjoy,

JimB