Poor Ole' Santa

Poor ole’ Santa

He had a horrible time at the Bradley (Jim and Myrna that is) household.

After he managed to get his large bulk down the 12 inch stainless steel chimney he got into real trouble. The Bradley’s had the woodstove going all day and it wasn’t until 11:30 pm that the fire went out.

Then Santa found out that there was the problem that the door to the firebox was latched---from the non-fire side of the door, of course. Usually I would say something like, “that left Santa out in the cold.” However, in this case it left Santa in, in the heat that is.

Santa was so piqued that he didn’t leave any presents. (He forgot that he left them on Dec. 23rd). But what really ticked him off was NO cookies nor cake---not even that weird stuff Vaughn fixes

So, all you Family Woodworkers have a wonderful Christmas, even the ones who didn’t get the presents you desired because Santa was all burned up about the whole thing.

Those of you who did not receive presents due to the untimely stop in the Bradley’s woodstove, keep the faith. Next year Santa will be aware of no inside latches on woodstoves (Does OSHA know about that?) and compensate for the problem. Again, I say, “Keep the faith” maybe he will bring that SawStop or three-horse power lathe or whatever your heart desires, next year.

Enjoy,

JimB

I can see it now, an OSHA edict that all woodstoves must be equipped with inside, emergency door latches before 12-24-13.

Last edited:
Good one Jim, reminded me of when we had one of our nephews over for christmas many moons ago...built a fire xmas eve and he 'about' went ballistic worrying that santa would have to skip our house because he wouldn't be able to come down the chimney....thanks for the flashback :rofl: