Giving is much better then receiving

There is a young lady across the street who is 10 she calls me Hunter Dave. Last year i shot a nice 4 year old Tom and when I brought it home she saw it and wanted a feather , I told her i would get her something better then just a feather so it's been since April . The tail fan is dried out and looking great and today I made a holder for the fan and took it over to her. Her dad and I ride together , when she saw the tail feathers it was like the look I saw on each of my 3 sons when they shot there 1 st deer. And I got the biggest hug I've had in years that meant something. I hope each of you receive that same love I received that is priceless.
Merry Christmas all !

well dave, i can attest to the giving is better than recieving but this year my giving was cut short. but my receiving was great! my co hort Tom done some shopping and surprised me with a very nice 5 1/2 C that was tuned up perfectly.. he took me down stairs to show me a new plane he had gotten and then wanted me to try it out,, when i did i told him he got a dandy and he in turn told me that i had just gotten one to:)

Great stories Dave and Larry. Well done Tom you managed to get one over on grey beard. That aint easy to pull off. Especially when he is always alert to something going down.;)

I gave dad a custom built drill bit cabinet (wish I would have built two :)). It has two metal indexes for split and brad point bits 1/16" - 1/2" by 16ths and a block that is pre-drilled for Forstners 1/4" - 1" by 16ths. I included a few extra blocks so he can customize it to his needs. He has had it for 5 days. He said he was looking at the location where we had discussed mounting it (2 screws). He was able to report last night that he had a pencil mark on the wall; no cabinet, but a very nice pencil mark. :rofl:

Drill Bit Cab 4 dad (3).jpg . Drill Bit Cab 4 dad (4).jpg . Drill Bit Cab 4 dad (5).jpg