Once A Year!

Stuart Ablett

Once a year we head down to our friends place in Zushi, stay at their beach house for a few days. They have a wood burning stove! Once a year I get to burn some wood I don't need, this year it's this pile.....

jHGs6.jpg

... that there is the remains of the back bench I made to go around my Saw Stop when I first got it, I've been dying to get rid of this pile, I took all the screws out and cut it into burnable sizes. His stove is on the small size, I think the length limit is 12" or so.

Great to clear out this mess, and I don't have to pay to have it hauled away, bonus!

The hoarder in me would save those for turned boxes or something...wish it wasn't true but it is! :doh:Enjoy the day and warmth with friends Stu! :thumb:

The hoarder in me would save those for turned boxes or something...wish it wasn't true but it is! :doh:Enjoy the day and warmth with friends Stu! :thumb:

:rofl: :rofl: I don't know anyone like that.... ... :rofl:

I did do a pass through the shorts piles (yes plural.. sigh) a year ago and came up with a half dozen boxes of firewood.
Painful but it needs to be done :thumb:

Boy I'm sure glad I got trash men that will haul away anything we put out!

As to the nail pulling I used to do that but now just do as Ed does and just pull them from the ashes.

Sounds like your gonna have a great time Stu!:thumb:

Boy I'm sure glad I got trash men that will haul away anything we put out!

As to the nail pulling I used to do that but now just do as Ed does and just pull them from the ashes...

I have a bonfire about six times a year. The hardware generally stays in the ashes.

After paying California prices for hardwoods for nearly thirty years, it seems almost criminal to burn all the (cheap) cherry, walnut and maple now.

I pull the screws out of the cold stove, in the morning, with a magnet.

Sure, but finding a screw with my SawStop can be expensive, so I found them with my metal detector, and pulled them out. There were only three in all of that still in there, all three had their heads snapped off, so they were not removed when I took it apart.

Cheers!