Maple Platter

Nate Davey

I've been a member for some time, but, I think, this is my first post. This is a 17" Maple platter finished with Dr Woodshop Walnut Oil.
Thanks for looking
Ambrosia Maple Platter Top.jpg

where on the tree did that come from it doesnt look like crotch but it has so much going on it could be,, that is a amazing piece of maple i hope you went back and got more..:)

Good to see you post this one here, Nate. That's a beautiful piece. :thumb: One of these days I need to get over to your side of the mountain and see this one (and others) in person. :wave:

Thanks all for the overly kind comments!

Larry, the was the end of a plank, so I'm guess this is probably moisture leaking in over time. I did notice there is some burl, spalt, punkiness and curl. Picked it up in NC before I moved to NM.

Last edited:
Good to see you post this one here, Nate. That's a beautiful piece. :thumb: One of these days I need to get over to your side of the mountain and see this one (and others) in person. :wave:

You're always welcome at Casa de Davey, Vaughn. You've given me more candid advice on improving my work than anyone else on the net.