For the Musicians and Sound Guys...

Here's a somewhat mediocre recording of three of my good friends performing at a local bistro. They are using a harmonizer on some of the vocals, but they aren't relying on it to keep things in tune. They do good three-part harmonies without the electronics, but the harmonizer lets them add two or three more parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKueTWesWro

One night, though, the harmonizer went on the fritz, and all of a sudden it sounded like a couple of the parts were being sung by Donald Duck on helium. :D

Here's a somewhat mediocre recording of three of my good friends performing at a local bistro. They are using a harmonizer on some of the vocals, but they aren't relying on it to keep things in tune. They do good three-part harmonies without the electronics, but the harmonizer lets them add two or three more parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKueTWesWro

One night, though, the harmonizer went on the fritz, and all of a sudden it sounded like a couple of the parts were being sung by Donald Duck on helium. :D

Must be something wrong with the harmonizer I use when recording thru Band in a box{TC Helicon}...doesn't matter what selection I use, "Donald Duck on helium" would be a welcomed touch :rofl:

They do sound good together Vaughn...do you ever get on stage anymore?...Performance wise, not crowd surfing or amp diving :p

Must be something wrong with the harmonizer I use when recording thru Band in a box{TC Helicon}...doesn't matter what selection I use, "Donald Duck on helium" would be a welcomed touch :rofl:

They do sound good together Vaughn...do you ever get on stage anymore?...Performance wise, not crowd surfing or amp diving :p

I'd drive a long way to see that, and pay a fair amount of coin...

...They do sound good together Vaughn...do you ever get on stage anymore?...Performance wise, not crowd surfing or amp diving :p

I've played a few songs with these guys a a time or two since I've gotten back to NM, but I'm still way rusty and out of practice. (My own fault.) Here's another of Donnie's videos with me sitting in on a song. The room was pretty noisy, so it covered up a lot of my fumbling around. ;) I'm still trying to get used to playing the Variax and the POD XT Live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHvQMZt9aIc

Jeff (the bass player) and I started playing together in high school and continued into my band days. Mike (the guitar player) was one of my guitar students, and Donnie (the drummer) played in another band with another one of my students through much of the '80s.

For the record, here's the studio version of that song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojDOEf_l-Zg

I'm not sure, but I think both of those videos have been posted here before. If not, enjoy the laugh. :D

OK, I can't resist...one more video. While I'm not in this video, I'm connected to (and friends with) all of the people playing in it.

Hanz, the guitar player and lead singer, was a good high school friend who played in the original incarnation of Off The Wall (OTW), moved to California for a few years, then moved back to play and tour with us after we put out our record. I was never formally his teacher, but I got him started playing electric guitar and mentored him for a lot of years. (He now runs the music ministry at a mega church in Orange County CA.)

Steve, the keyboardist, joined OTW not too long after Hanz moved to California. Steve and I first crossed paths when I was a senior in high school and I stole his fiancee. We became friends a couple of years later when he thanked me for it. :D He and his wife are still two of my best friends. (He's now a CAD draftsman for an office interior company, and still plays in a local band on the side.)

Kent, the bass player, was the original lead singer in OTW (before we broke into the club circuit). He was classically trained, but couldn't sing rock worth a darn back then, so we asked him to leave. Jeff took over the lead vocals under protest. Turns out Jeff was great at it, and Kent got better at it, too. (He's also in Orange County last I knew, but I don't know how much playing he's doing. I suspect he's still at it.)

Mitch, the drummer, replaced our original drummer Mike about 9 months before our band broke up. Good kid who really looked up to us, and was blown away when we asked him to join the band. (He followed Hanz and Kent to Orange County, and is playing Christian and smooth jazz music.)

This video is of the Fascinators playing the last song of their final gig in 1987...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndlaKWuQwvE

Thanks for sharing these Vaughn, you still have the chops from what I seen, though I am a little disappointed in not seeing you do some head swirls with the freak flag.

The OTW vid was a nice flashback trip & those blue spandex match my safety glasses pretty well :D

It has to be a great feeling up there, don't know how you guys do it...I get nervous sitting at home alone when the record button is pressed on. Three very nice tunes! Again, Thanks! :thumb: