Did you know ....Adobe Photoshop and other programs ..

Rob Keeble

I did not know this so thought i would share it for those of you interested...

Programs like Adobe photoshop the full version and other adobe products cost quiet a bit more than any typical software product (in the $1000 dollar range) but i just became aware they now offering access to these products on a subscription basis month to month.

Check this out for $29 you get to work on something like CS6.

I think this is a really great solution if you not a continous user as say a business that does it full time.

I am completely free of any pirate software so i try to buy my packages but i have always felt the adobe suites are too expensive for the amount i get to use them. This is a great solution to me. Pay for use when i need it and its always up to date. Cool. :thumb:

Have not checked in on all the details yet so still wondering what lies beneath the surface.

Anyone use any of these adobe subscription services and have any views on it?

back in my day job days we had the subscription to all adobe products at a reduced rate due to be a business.. then they stopped that choice.. as for me i would like to have a fresher version but the cost is to high and i bet there are restrictions in what you can or cant do on the 29 dollar setup rob.. it would be shooting them selves in the foot if they didnt have restrictions on the ful program.. as of now i am at cs4

I'm using PS Elements 9, but I'll have a look at the free CS2 that Brent downloaded to see if it has anything I'd use. I've also got Lightroom 3.6, which seems cool, but I don't use it much because I've not completely figured out the workflow. (Need to spend some quality time with a few tutorials.)

I don't think the monthly subscription plan would help me much. I use PS multiple times every month, and the Elements version does all I really need to do. For about 4 months of CS subscription time, I can buy the Elements license.

I like lightroom, but I need to get better at tagging photos. For the majority of what it do, it works great. Imports the pictures in raw form, lets me tweak the exposure, crop,export, etc...

CS2 reminds me a lot of gimp, or vice versa.

I've got photo shop elements, but hardly ever use it. I should probably try it some more...

Unless you're into publishing CS6 is a huge investment, me I'd rather buy a tool for the shop. That being said, Gimp is an excellent alternative, but so is Photoshop Elements (PSE) which is up to version 11. I use PSE 10, price was 'right' at $70 last year.

I paid over $800.00 for my copy of Photoshop many years back. I have not been willing to pay for any upgrades so I'm stuck with CS2. It still does most everything I need it to do. I also have Lightroom and use it quite a bit now. The learning curve for these programs is like using sketchup. Once you get the hang of it its more user friendly...but until then it can really try your paitents.

I can buy the Elements license

Buy? :eek: Well, these days I do occasionaly buy software. But, at the time I acquired my PSE I was writing software reviews. I got many-many free programs over the years. Someone liked them. Written by a non-geek, I focused on ease of use and understandability of the tools. Later someone came up with the word "intuitive" and a review was not complete without that word somewhere. BTW, there are still tons of free software available at Cnet and others.

Did some investigation on Brent's post above regarding Adobe offering free CS2 software. Did it because it sounded too good to be true. According to what I read, they are offering this to people who already own the license. They have removed the activation servers for CS2 and if you own the license and need to re-activate CS2 then you can use the serial number provided on the download page. This serial number does not require activation. If you don't care about the legality of software licensing then I guess it will work just fine.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930

Yeah, I saw that earlier today. Still not quite sure what to make of it.

At first it seemed like a brilliant marketing ploy, and now a mistake on their part?

Anyone can still download the software and use that key that they provided, but now they are saying it's only for folks that have previously purchased it?

Seems like they are trying to put the magic smoke back in the motor after it's already burnt out.

Another article on the topic.

[h=1]Adobe almost does something amazing by accident[/h]http://arstechnica.com/information-...rstechnica/index+(Ars+Technica+-+All+content)

Last edited: