Shop upgrades under consideration

:threadjacked: Hey Vaughn thanks a ton you just saved me and provided a solution for me. I have been thinking hard (read burning rubber but nothing happening) on a el cheapo solution for my generator enclosure to hold up the roof. With a bit of adaptation of your idea i have it solved. Very cool and pretty sneaky if i might add to bury those turnbuckles like that.

Sorry Tony had to jump while the opportunity arose. :)

Vaughn:

That looks great on the TS3650, but I don't know if it will work on the right side of the SawStop PCS. The crank to set the saw blade angle would be between the cabinet and the router lift, and that angled support might interfere with access to the crank. Would have to look at it when the saw is assembled.

On my TS3650, I have a Bench Dog cast iron router table extension bolted to the saw table and the rails, in place of the left extension wing that came with the saw. The Bench Dog is 4" longer than the original wing, and with the router and lift is a good bit heavier, but it has stayed dead flat with the table with no additional support and no measurable flexing of the rails.

Tony

It won't interfere as I have the same saw but built a mobile base for mine. If I ever do get a sawstop it will be a contractor version which will get put on this mobile base in place of the TS3650.
7-4-11 001.JPG

Oh and I bought the same helical head that's in the Steel city 13" lunch box planer for my Ridgid TP1300 and wish I would have done it sooner! Mine was a no brainer as I got the planer for free so it only cost me $250 for the head.