little marquetry

Doing a little marquetry the last few days. Made a door of birds eye to match the back board of a small cabinet and needed to match up to.
20130114_113055.jpg

I've used 2 different transfer methods. After drawing out the design I used Transfer paper for one but then decided to use think blue type for the other. After I chiseled out the design I layed the type over the cuts and edged it with a knife. Then put the type on the Mahogany veneer and cut the design out. This was very easy and much more precise then using the transfer paper.

20130115_120107.jpg

Last edited:
you sure do get a large variety of work over there,, sure shows where the money and those that want to spend it are.. let alone the amount of old furniture worth restoring.. well done dave.. your still rubbing off on me:) i got another fix it job last night a drop leaf table with no top and part of one drop leaf missing but the legs and aprons are there they want it repaired.. but wont be for the numbers you get.. but its work:)

Vaughn I resemble that statement. In fact a customer was in here the other day and After I was done giving her a run down of of talents she replied : Who'ed of thunk looking at you ! LOL

I loved that I can stay incognito and come out of the closet and floor people. But in a humble way of course. :-}