It's Friday - 1/18/2013 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Taking my wife to the Dr. this afternoon, but then try to enjoy the start of a long weekend with 50 degree weather. Need to get the xmas lights down tomorrow and back up in the attic. Also want to get drawer and door parts cut out for the master bath. Probably relax some on Sunday and try to watch the playoff games. Monday is a bonus day, so not sure what I'l do then.

What's everyone else got going?

Tonight some pizza and beers at the MIL's. Tomorrow I coach my last YMCA 6-7yr old girls bball game...not sure I can do that again. :doh:Then watching the KU v TX bball game and and some good friends are in town so they are coming over for a few cold ones. Sunday we have no plans so I hope to get the rest of the pine limbs that fell in the last snow storm cleaned up if the snow they are embedded in thaws a bit more. Then a little more shop time I hope. My beloved Packers took it on the chin last weekend so not sure I'll watch football this week...I'll wait for the commercials in the big game. :p

No firm plans at all, and I have a 3-day weekend. (Working for a government contractor does have its perks.) :) All I know is I'll probably not get a chance to do what I'd like to do. :(

LOML said I can get out of my cage for a while this evening (Friday). She wants to take me to dinner as a bribe for her to shop afterward! :rolleyes:

She has a long weekend, so who knows what might happen? :eek:

I'm still limited somewhat in what I can do, but I hope to work on a small project a little - will see how that goes. At least I'm able to sit at my computer a bit more now.

Y'all have fun, whatever you do! :thumb:

hope to squirt some finish this wknd and watch whats left of the play off games,, some poor coaching last wknd.. not sure who i am routing for now but its not the pats probally ravens or 49rs

The FREEZING COLD 45* weather has slowed my shop productivity the last couple weeks. The predicted moderate 75* weather expected the next few days should let me catch up a bit. Is winter over yet? Come on 80's and 90's.

Wife and I are going out to dinner tonight. Not sure where yet. Working Saturday from 6am to 3pm. Hope to get shop time in to finish up the cherry hutch my wife has been waiting patiently for:rolleyes:. Eating a ton of buffalo wings with my son while watching the Pats beat the Ravens on Sunday :crossed:

I'll also try and spend some time getting to know sketch up. I feel an uphill battle in my future.

I have a very exciting weekend planned.
Tomorrow, Im going to drag out cases of old bills from my old business, and tie them up for carting/recycling. should take me a few hours in the cold yard.
Sunday morning, before football, Im going to continue and pull the tacks out of the floor from the carpet I pulled this week in the attic office.

dont be jealous, I know you guys envy my exciting weekend.

Gee, Allen. It's a shame you're on the other side of the country. I wish I could be there with you...to watch. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing nearly as exciting as Allens weekend!

Finally escaped work for the week! I think...!
Have a three day weekend whooo.
Going to work on the current wwing project some tomorrow (I'll post something on it when I think it might actually work out :rolleyes: getting close to some decision points)
Clean the shop a smidge tomorrow
Make my yearly schwartz bierre lager and a belgium blonde ale sunday
maybe get some real progress on the wwing projects on monday.

...Tomorrow, Im going to drag out cases of old bills from my old business, and tie them up for carting/recycling...

I've gotta do that, too - but probably not tomorrow. It's been over eight years since I dissolved my old business, so it's time to shred the records. I have four or five 'bankers' boxes' in the basement that need to go to the commercial shredder's.

I've gotta do that, too - but probably not tomorrow. It's been over eight years since I dissolved my old business, so it's time to shred the records. I have four or five 'bankers' boxes' in the basement that need to go to the commercial shredder's.

Or... FIRE! Yeah in theory its not as environmentally friendly but once you count in the gas spent to haul it and the overhead of recycling divided by the fun of burning it I think you'll agree that my way comes out ahead :D

Painted this evening. Tomorrow takung the bike to the shop and maybe a short ride. Then paint in the eveni.g. Sunday 2 of my sons are coming for cook out and football, but I hope to get some painting in first.

Today i'm putting on a metal roof,and finishing the sheathing on a addition i'm building. Tomorrow meeting a old boss that want's me to do some work on a new house he just finished. Monday need to start the siding on that addition,and get my bro started on the elec.So i can get the inside finished. So no shop time again.:(

Or... FIRE! Yeah in theory its not as environmentally friendly but once you count in the gas spent to haul it and the overhead of recycling divided by the fun of burning it I think you'll agree that my way comes out ahead :D

Yeah, that'd work, and I may well do just that, but I fear that if Allen were to try it the Long Island Police and Fire Departments would levy some fines on him that would surely offset any fun.

Replacing the block heater cable on the old 706 this morning (had a little, forgot-to-unplug, oops there the other day:eek:), then after a while gonna fire it up for some recreational snowplowing. An early morning airport run, then maybe some shop time:thumb: