UW Surplus Supply

Bill Satko

The University of Washington's (better known as the U-Dub by locals & Google; type U-dub into Google and see what you get) Facilities Services sells the university's surplus items. It is amazing what is being sold. More interesting is that the person who writes the descriptions for the items is a bit of a celebrity due to his witty writing. Many of us are on the email list of new items just to see what he will come up. For some reason, I always imagine him looking like Vaughn. Maybe because I think it would be something Vaughn would be great at.

Anyway, here is a link to the new salvage items webpage. I think you will enjoy it if you like strange salvaged medical, industrial and facility items or just appreciate a weird sense of humor.

Oh man a Radio Flyer for $10. If I didn't live 4 hours away... The memories of all the stupid things I did with our old Radio Flyer... Good times. I think either my Grandma or my Dad still has that one.. probably my dad.. with the big bend in the handle from when I crashed it hard going down the hill past the cellar.

BTW semi related does anyone else remember when the Boeing surplus store was walk in? Wow, I only got to go once before they went all online but wow! Had I lived closer.. probably a good thing I didn't live closer.

I agree with you Bill...the guy who writes the descriptions has a fun sense of humor. I imagine him looking more like Ted, though. :whistling:

There are some great deals listed, too. :thumb:

I just looked as far as the "Blue Cabinet." I would just find something I wanted and a thousand mile one way commute is sorta long...Especially if I were trying to carry that blue cabinet on the back of a bicycle or in the seat next to me on an airplane.

Enjoy,

JimB

BTW semi related does anyone else remember when the Boeing surplus store was walk in? Wow, I only got to go once before they went all online but wow! Had I lived closer.. probably a good thing I didn't live closer.

I remember going there and a couple of other salvage places in Seattle, but that was so long ago. So hard to find stores like that anymore. By the way, the following link is to a Seattle Times article on Eric Wahl, who writes these descriptions.