COLDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was -1 here in Iowa, and my wife's car didn't start. :doh:On a positive note, I now know I can push a midsized SUV by myself! :p

Got it jumped and even after letting it run for 20 min it wouldn't start again...guess who gets to replace a battery in 0 degree temps tonight! :rolleyes:

Yup we back to winter and snow. :) Could not even contemplate getting into my shop this weekend. Even with all the heat i can bring to the party it would not have been managable. Rather frustrating. Then to add to it , the Pats go loose. :cold::cold::bang:

Well I got the new battery in over lunch...probably set a new record. Couldn't feel my toes or fingers when I came in and there was a nice snotcicle on my nose too! I won't be home til after dark so I had to get it done so I could at least see what I was doing even I I couldn't feel anything. BRRRRRRR:(

dan, gonna let you in on a secret.YOU LIVE IN MINNESOTA, dude, thats not tampa.

Allen, you took the words right out of my fingers. :rofl:

Of course, we do have a member who moved to Minnesota for the warmer weather - Barry Stratton - but he was living in Alaska before then. :D

-5 this mornings wind chill, 10 degrees.

not a good time to be opening up attic space, really keeping the house cool.

thought I woke up in duluth, and someone was playing a trick on me.

Last edited:
wx_77.png
Light Snow
1°F
Feels Like: -10°
Wind Chill:-10° Ceiling:12000
Heat Index: Visibility:6mi
Dew Point:-8° Wind:6mph
Humidity:66% Direction:350° (N)
Pressure:30.23" Gusts:NA

"Got up to 39 degrees today and I've been wearing shorts all day!"
Well Brent, I got up to 39 degrees IN THE HOUSE!! (well, maybe it was 43 degrees) yesterday morning, seems the outdoor wood boiler isn't quite up to snuff. Kids weren't very happy. Going out today to get a pellet stove. ran the gas oven in the kitchen to keep ahead of the cold. The boiler problem is the heat exchanger. it is only good for 150,000 btu's and when it gets below zero it can't keep up with the sieve I live in. Even though I sealed some windows and put in 12"insulation in the attic last year.

Not really a big problem. I believe that some hardship builds character in kids. Besides they are half Finnlander half Irish. The Finns are used to the cold and the Irish (my side) are too dumb to get out of it. Heck they run around outside without shoes on, even with snow on the ground! We have crates of shoes laying around and I can't get them to put a pair on.

paul, my house temp has been dropping steadily since last night when wind chills went to zero and below.
this morning, my back room, on a slab, was only 59 degrees. Heat cant keep up with 3 zones.
I got my house to 65 today, great for me, not sure if my wife and daughter are going to be happy tonight.