Moose painting complete

20130121_180602.jpg

Thank you Dave. I am gonna have to let Linda know that i need another suprise.:D This boy is a dandy. I love MOOSE. Man you amaze me i envy your talent. What you can do with the vegetation i just do not have words to describe. :score:

Thank you all very much.
Rob I'll be waiting.
Bob their is but 1st I need to go over the referance gallery at my friends home. He is asking me to do some bears. But I have seen some awesome bird shots he has taken.

dave i know your busy but you need to work more on getting some of these sold,, get both ends of this going for you, and you will have more time to afford to paint if your getting paid for it:)

Very nice. I really like the look in his eye and the laid back ears. Sort of "I'm relaxed but you better watch it" look. The antlers and hair came out really good as well, very true. I think the thing I like best about your paintings is how well you capture the character of the animal, really brings them to life.

Struggling to come up with some constructive criticism other than "wow amazingly done" but personally I find that more valuable so will make a shot at it :D. I think the one tree where the tip of his antler on the far left goes in front of one tree and then behind the other I might like it slightly better if the rear tree wasn't there. It confuses my eye slightly with the trees overlapping that close (they're easily confused though so don't take that as an absolute). Also I think the twigs on the right may be ever so slightly to bright as the light is coming in from behind them it seems that they might look a bit more natural if they had a smidge darker hue. - Feel free to ignore all of this, I'm not a painter but I always look hard for flaws in my own work whatever it is.

I failed to stop by and add my admiration! Great job!!! What prompted me to now? Wife was walking by while I was reading and pointed out your avatar and I mentioned you a were pretty good painter. Her comment? and I quote: "That's a painting and not a picture????" She could have just agreed with me, but I guess her way added a little more emphasis. Well done from both of us! Jim.