Heaters ......

I've got one of the kerosene heaters like Neds. My Garage is just barely better than the outdoors as it's got open vents at the peak, and soffit vents all the way around.

I have turned it on when it is 20 out there and in a couple of hours it can get up to around 50. Not the fastest heater, but it does an ok job and it is quiet.

Kerosene is 4.00$ a gallon here. I just picked up 20 gallons the other day. Don't buy the kerosene at the hardware store. It's almost 2x the price.

We have a local hardware store here that sells Kerosene in bulk from a pump like diesel, so the price is pretty reasonable... if you get it pre-packaged in tin cans, I'm sure it much more pricey.

We have a local hardware store here that sells Kerosene in bulk from a pump like diesel, so the price is pretty reasonable... if you get it pre-packaged in tin cans, I'm sure it much more pricey.

Most gas stations here sell it from the pump. Current price is about $4.00 per gallon.

There is only one place in town here that sells it from a pump. Last time I got some it was 4:00/gal, and about half of what the cans at the hardware store charges.

Funny thing was they made me sign a slip of paper saying I wasn't going to use it to fly an airplane... :huh:

...Funny thing was they made me sign a slip of paper saying I wasn't going to use it to fly an airplane... :huh:

Well...Jet fuel is just high-grade kerosene. Just like heating oil is pretty much a variant of diesel fuel. That's why they dye it a different color so the 'revenuers' can tell if you're using in in your truck without having paid the road tax.