Friday , Superbowl weekend

This is probably the first year I've ever paid attention to foot ball much. Watched most of the playoff games and am looking forward to the game today. I'll be watching mainly for the game. I think the commercial thing has jumped the shark as they say.

I will be practicing on making a few different varieties of appetizers. It's just sharon and me, but that doesn't mean it has to be simple chip and dips.

Going to make:
  • Mini Pulled pork tostadas (tingas)
  • Asian Spicy minced chicken on top of pickled cabbage in a crispy wonton
  • Jalapeno Wontons
  • Diablos on Horseback - Sea scallops wrapped in smoked bacon on crostini with spinach and peppery hollandaise sauce

Having a bit of an ADHD weekend. Started to work on doors for my entertainment center yesterday, but had to move a few things around to get the router table useable.

It's progressed to a full on empty all the drawers and sort through the stuff that was using up all the horizontal space.

I've so far found:
  • 1 dozen cans of wd-40 and generic equivalents
  • 30 cans of spray paint, assorted colors, some are a mystery.
  • 5 cans of butane.
  • 13 gallons of solvents, at least one of every flavor, some duplicates.
  • 2 brand new cans of johnsons paste wax.
  • Many empty yogurt and cottage cheese containers.
  • a big puddle of epoxy resin on the bottom of one drawer, complete with a mostly empty gallon of west systems epoxy resin.
  • An out of control selection of scrap lumber
  • An out of control selection of scrap metal.

I did get the top mounted on the entertainment center and all the equipment moved in. Still needs doors and trim installed to finish it off.

But I'm going to take this week off to do some organizing. It's for the best at this point. I should be able to get the doors and trim finished by next week and then move on to the dining room table, per Larry's marching orders. ;)

This is probably the first year I've ever paid attention to foot ball much. Watched most of the playoff games and am looking forward to the game today. I'll be watching mainly for the game. I think the commercial thing has jumped the shark as they say.

I will be practicing on making a few different varieties of appetizers. It's just sharon and me, but that doesn't mean it has to be simple chip and dips.

Going to make:
  • Mini Pulled pork tostadas (tingas)
  • Asian Spicy minced chicken on top of pickled cabbage in a crispy wonton
  • Jalapeno Wontons
  • Diablos on Horseback - Sea scallops wrapped in smoked bacon on crostini with spinach and peppery hollandaise sauce

Having a bit of an ADHD weekend. Started to work on doors for my entertainment center yesterday, but had to move a few things around to get the router table useable.

It's progressed to a full on empty all the drawers and sort through the stuff that was using up all the horizontal space.

I've so far found:
  • 1 dozen cans of wd-40 and generic equivalents
  • 30 cans of spray paint, assorted colors, some are a mystery.
  • 5 cans of butane.
  • 13 gallons of solvents, at least one of every flavor, some duplicates.
  • 2 brand new cans of johnsons paste wax.
  • Many empty yogurt and cottage cheese containers.
  • a big puddle of epoxy resin on the bottom of one drawer, complete with a mostly empty gallon of west systems epoxy resin.
  • An out of control selection of scrap lumber
  • An out of control selection of scrap metal.

and then move on to the dining room table, . ;)

next thing ya know brent will be trying to convince us theres an easter bunny, zombies are real, and santa will put me on the bad list for this post.

IM not cooking anything, but I will go dip some italian bread into the gravy to see how it is. Thats my job. crowd is about to arrive. Good luck to all those who support baltimore and all those who support San Fran, you both have fantastic teams and I think it should be a great game to watch.

Last edited:
Once again I find myself in the minority, all excited about superbowl weekend, couldnt care less about the stupid commercials, would rather see an exciting game between two super teams.

I'm with ya Allen. I don't watch much pro football, I like college a lot better. I can't remember when I haven't watched the super bowl though.

next thing ya know brent will be trying to convince us theres an easter bunny, zombies are real, and santa will put me on the bad list for this post.

I swear, I really am going to watch the game and make some appetizers. Might even drink a beer. :beer:

Sorry.............I've been watching the snow melt. We used to have a football team here, think they wuz called big red or sumpin' like that. Now they're just red........like embarrassing. :huh:

IM not cooking anything, but I will go dip some italian bread into the gravy to see how it is. Thats my job. crowd is about to arrive. Good luck to all those who support baltimore and all those who support San Fran, you both have fantastic teams and I think it should be a great game to watch.

See, Told you I was going to make some appetizers for the game too.

untitled-8726.jpg

Im sorry you misread me brent. I was certain you were going to catch some of the game.
My poor attempt at humor was directed at your claim that you were going to start a table soon.