Sink Table for Sharpening Stones

glenn bradley

The title is a little formal for what this is but, I wanted people to be able to find it later on. I got tired of getting a stiff neck while using my diamond plates for 'stoning' my card scrapers in the sink. I don't use water with them so, I cobbled this together out of scrap and sprayed it with rattle-can polyurethane.

Stone Sink Table(1).jpg

It sits like so and holds the "stones". I use that pathetic block of plywood as a guide to keep the scraper decently on edge. When it dies I'll grab something else with square faces and use that.

Stone Sink Table(2).jpg . Stone Sink Table(3).jpg

I pull the burr with a Lee Valley Tri-burnisher and hook it with their variable burnisher that I got as a gift (aren't Lee Valley wish lists great?). Anyway, it just goes to show you how 20 - 30 minutes effort can save your aching neck from here on out ;-)

Stone Sink Table(4).jpg

Last edited:
well glenn i can either pay my light bill or get one of those to make the rest of the projects go better???? hmmmm:)

The scrap ply to make the table was cheap. I dug it out of a dumpster, I 'm not proud :). Its what you might put on the table that will hurt your mortgage :rofl: