with nothing better to do yesterday...

Jim Burr

Had this chunk of ambrosia maple that had already been cut to box shape. It was so so looking, but it went through the standard box stuff. "What about a bead at the joint...what about beading the whole thing...ok!" No sanding or finish yet, just some burn lines cuz it smells good. I "design" these so when I turn off the tenon, I can chuck the body or lid without a jamb chuck...makes life nice and secure!!! Oh!! What looks like tearout on a couple beads in pic 3 is a worm hole that was happy being there...I may still turn it off but all the beads are level, so maybe not

Attachments

• mbox1.jpg
    mbox1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 53
  • mbox2.jpg
    mbox2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 55
  • mbox3.jpg
    mbox3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, right. Blame the worms. :rolleyes: :D

Nice little box, Jim. :thumb: Are you using a beading tool or doing it the hard way?

Ha!! No sir! Easy for me! Using a D-way, either 1/8" or 3/16"...up for a 1/4" soon. I got lucky with this piece, maybe 12% moisture and good grain structure so it cut well and the Tormek clone puts on an amazing edge...which you are very aquainted with! Worms suck!!

Nice Box! Now you need to try the Native American type bowl. You have the beads down. As for the D-tool, I have one, can't wait until I can afford to add the size beads to have all the sizes. Great tool.

Nice Box! Now you need to try the Native American type bowl. You have the beads down. As for the D-tool, I have one, can't wait until I can afford to add the size beads to have all the sizes. Great tool.

Paul, I am in weekly chats with Jim Adkins, we're working on it. My first one was interesting, this one will be right.