Friday Ye-Haaa What's up!

Well if my name were Pacos I would be catching a ride............. but since it's Davey I'll be in the studio all weekend hopefully finishing up the Fox.
Wife is out for the weekend. I do need to meet customers in the shop tomorrow morning and then back to the studio.

More carving on the new overly large and complicated spoon. I'm not very good at carving so the carving is taking me a looong time even though its not very complicated carving.

Ryan keep your chisels sharp.

Yeah, sharp is not the problem its making sure I do the right cuts in the right place that's the problem :D Right now I'm working on carving a pair of single pass turks head knots around the top and bottom of a section of twist (or more simply a three strand braid in a circle) and I've already gone over two under one once instead of over one under one :rolleyes: I did a test piece that went pretty well, but this is only about 1/4" across so its all attention to detail. The Barley Head handle is a very similar layout for carving differing mostly in the detailing so by the time I get there I should be more practiced.

dealing with family vultures and crooked folks stealing debit card account numbers and charging over a thousand dollars online that we cant get back till after it clears the channels.. even poor folk get robbed... not a great start to a should be happy wknd..

looking forward to seeing margo the other grand dautghter:)

Last edited:
Oh man that stinks Larry :( A family member did this to you :eek:

Me, I'm working in the shop most of Saturday. I have some questions on making cherry look old and distressed I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Probably go out for Chinese food and 1 zombie Sat night :D Sunday working from 8-5.

no on the family member ,,thats another story there the vultures and the folks arent even passed yet..

change attitude and look optimistic,, thats what i need

Last edited:
Shop time! :bliss:

I'm entering a couple of my urns in a WW show next weekend and they MUST be finished!!

Larry - sorry to hear about your issues. Hope it all works out OK.

Carol - hope to see the shop trailer in Reno!

getting closer to my cnc machine. setting aside $$ for it. so far i've got the dedicated pc, the software, design for the bench, ordered the locking casters, and will be picking up the small shop vac for keeping down the dust.

Same as always...sit in the shop starring off into space until something hits me...of course the wife thinks I'm prioritizing the honey-do list :rofl:

Yeah, that works! :D

Hartville Hardware is having their tool vendor Open House this weekend, so I'm off the see what's latest and greatest. Also, buy some John Deere and Stihl tune-up parts while I'm there.

Going up to +6 or so tomorrow, so a day of farm and outside work, put in a load of firewood, maybe make a big clean spot in the barn for the old truck camper. We're done camping and it needs to find a new home this spring, but not in saleable condition right now. I've only ever heard people say what a can of worms those things are to work on. I started on it a couple of years ago, but got discouraged and busy with other things.
Might even forget to turn the Blackberry on for a while tomorrow - it'll be like a vacation without leaving home! It's been a crazy few months.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.:wave:

Took today off to spend the day after Valentines with my wife. Took her to her favorite Brunch place, then got to go to HF, and finally over to her favorite decor store. Came home for a bit to work on installing drawers, then headed off to dinner at a little Italian place we like. I actually ran into Tate Stevens twice today, once at the gas station heading out to brunch and tonight at the Italian place.

Tomorrow I've got to go into work to test after IT does some conversions on the system, hopefully all goes well and I can head back home for some shop time. Also need to finish cleaning up the compressor and get wire/circuit ran to the new location. Sunday more of the same, but need to get trim painted and installed in the bath and finish up some final touches.

Trying to get rid of a persistent head cold that I've been fighting all week. Hoping to get over it soon and salvage the 3-day weekend. :rolleyes:

I felt motivated for a few minutes and put together a todo list. It promptly grew too long and now I feel completely overwhelmed and unmotivated.

Oh well, let's see what gets done.