Laser'd logo question

Ned Bulken

Hi gang,
busy busy week, been falling into bed early and getting up even earlier with the new job... need to catch up on all the postings eventually...

Before I do that however I have a question. Do any of you have a laser or a cnc mill (other than Stu...) that could help me out with making a label for my cutting boards? I just got an order for a pair of 20"x24" end grain boards and the client has asked that I 'sign' the pieces. I asked if a logo would be ok, and she said sure, just so long as she can give me credit for the work. She and I used to work together and she wants people to know who made the boards (one for her, one for her mother in law to be...). I'm flattered that she would a) order the boards and b) want them signed. I know for her boards, I can get a pyrography pen or an engraver and do 'something' she would like but I'd also like to come up with something special for the long run for my new venture.

I don't have a logo yet, but will be meeting with a graphic designer friend and get that done, once I have said logo, I'd like to have a wooden logo 'disc' I can inlay into my cutting boards. I would be ordering in quantity so I can simply route out a spot for the inlay, and then glue them in to the piece. Anyone interested in helping me out with that? And for those who say 'buy a laser'... maybe down the road, but It isn't in the budget right now.

pete simmons can make you buttons that you use a forstner bit and glue in place.. and they are reasonable.. he has done alot of laser work for many folks on this forum..

Pete Simmons, google Laser Image Arts, he is down in Florida. Actually he has 24 of my pens now plus a couple from a couple of students. FAST turnaround time and EXCELLENT work at more than reasonable prices. You will not go wrong dealing with Pete.

Two words: Pete Simmons. 'Nuff said. :thumb:

Pete and I have collaborated on number of cutting boards, and we've done a several other joint projects over the years. You couldn't ask for anyone better to work with. ;)