Houston, We have a problem. Screwdrivers...

You need to have some teenagers stay with you for a week or so, at least half will be missing by the time they leave. :) Mostly the ones you'll use the most. ;)

When my son was a teenager I lost my best pair of pliers... looked the garage and tool box and house and anywhere else I could think of... couldn't find the. 'course the son didn't know where they were or even if he "borrowed" them..... I finally found them when I ran the lawnmower over them laying in the grass in the front yard.... have you ever heard a pair of pliers go through a lawn mower????

Truth be told, these 2 guys do probably 99% of my screwdriver work...
attachment.php

FWW-8782.jpg

Ive used the same reversable screwdriver for 15 years.(I have 50 other screwdrivers that just sit in boxes or drawers)

All of my screwdrivers are reversible. I just turn 'em the other way. :D

Like Brent, the majority of my screw driving is done electrically these days, but for times when those won't work, I have a variety of Craftsman screwdrivers that have been around since i was a kid. There are a few other off-brands culled from the pile of inherited screwdrivers that are stored in various places around the shop so they are close at hand when I need them around a specific tool or work area. For example, I have a Phillips driver that's in a drawer near the tablesaw, and all it gets used for is removing the ZCI from the saw.

Brent wins on this one, that screwdriver rack looks fantastic! Although I might have trouble finding a specific size/type with the points down and under (but certainly no worse than the drawers of junk today).

Nice set of screwdrivers as well.. I especially like the set of T handle allen wrenches, and the ball handle screwdrivers are nice as well, only have two (older wooden handled) ones like that, they feel good for some operations.

My screwdriver collection still all fits in one^Wtwo^Wthree hmm well if you count the small drawers.. four drawers in the tool cabinet so no problem :D I also have a hard time bringing my self to get rid of even the junky ones.. I've re-ground a bunch of those to fit specific specialty screws as needed.

The larger HF specialty bit set has also saved my bacon a few times when I really needed to get into some proprietary part (and I ain't trying to make a tiny torx bit). If you don't like taking things with "no user serviceable parts inside" :rolleyes: :rofl: as much as I do its probably less useful. The other alternative is to make everything slotted bits with the dremel but sometimes the grinding dust does you no favors.