I need your in put

You all know my work so who else better to comment. I'm stuck !

I've done the Fox but I need to finish this off {with} or {with out} the tree across the face ?

20130217_132404.jpg

20130216_204136.jpg

I would say go with your original gut feeling on the Dave, you obviously did not want them or they would already be there, ME, I vote as is, no branches:)

Some comments I meant to add after chewing on this for a while was some of the differences between the original and the painting.

The first that stood out for me was the eyes, I think I've said this before but its worth repeating, you do a really good job with animals eyes. The painting actually has MORE depth and "lifelike feel" to the eyes than the photo. Pretty cool.

The other difference is that the painted fox has a "older" look, the muzzle is longer and more defined. It might be heading towards slightly more dog like, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing as I think the shape of the face ended up more emotive so the viewer can empathize (anthropomorphize?) with the result for - at least for me.

Anyway another really cool painting, thanks for sharing.

Ryan you my man have a good eye. I made the snout longer and the fox a more mature male than that of the juvenal in the picture.
Anyway that's all for your comments. I found a happy ending. Done

"I Heard That!"
20130219_220451.jpg

yup on this one and i also saw the age factor dave but figured you had done it on purpose:) still think some dead grass in around the stone instead of branches but to each his own:)