Hello, folks!

David Miller

I've been lurking here for a while and thought I should introduce myself and start participating. I bought a lathe many years ago - a harbor freight special. It has been neglected in the garage for a few years but I recently decided to get it out and clean it up and play with it some more. Turns out that just made me want to get a 'real' lathe. I am currently exploring my options. So... I just wanted to say hello and thank y'all for sharing your knowledge.

Welcome aboard.

There are certainly a lot of great options out there :eek: :D

Beware the lathe is just the beginning, then come chucks and more chisels and specialty tools and ... ... .. so on.

Welcome aboard! :wave: As you've discovered, the best thing about a cheap lathe is that it motivates you to want a better one. ;) Fire away with any questions you might have. If we don't know the answer, we'll at least make up something believable. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have fun here David! You will find all kinds of people and they all have different interest and ability levels -- some like pens some like and are very skill at top flight furniture -- the best I can do is a simple bowl --- Ask anything and I am sure you will get an answer hopefully a correct answer :)

paul

Welcome Dave.. which HF do you have some are quite functional and some are much less so..
And what size lathe are you wanting. We have some real lathe experts here but sadly I am not one of them...
Garry

Howdy Dave!! Glad you're moving up in lathes!! Many many moons ago I started with the $100 HF special...then I bought a Jet! Get some of your stuff out there for us to oggle over!